Reset metabolism at maintenance

Options
I just now heard about this and have no idea how I missed it as I read all the stickies. I never did eat at maintence for 2 weeks. I just went to the 15% cut of TDEE 9which was alot more than I was eating unless I didnt record and ate at night too much). This is week 4 and I'm holding out another 2 weeks before measuring and weighing (I'm a person who does NOT like to weigh as I got so depressed). Is it necessary to do this reset? Should I start now or wait until the 6 week period to see if my 500 upping in cals worked?

Replies

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this for later. Very curious to see others' thoughts!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well some decide to do reset bec the low caled or yo-yoed for so long. It is a personal decision. Had I known from start, I would have for the 8 wks and then I would have done a 10% cut then 15%.....but I am a jump in head first person. I am not at goal but have gone to TDEE bec I want to lose fat and gain muscle.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Well some decide to do reset bec the low caled or yo-yoed for so long. It is a personal decision. Had I known from start, I would have for the 8 wks and then I would have done a 10% cut then 15%.....but I am a jump in head first person. I am not at goal but have gone to TDEE bec I want to lose fat and gain muscle.

Okay great! Right there with ya! I think the maintenace would have driven me nuts actually. I'll see what happens in 2 weeks as it will be 6 weeks eating more.