SO MUCH eating. :[

Options
bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
I feel like I am eating constantly. Today I need to eat 3,000 calories to eat my workout calories. I am so bloated, my pants don't fit. Man... it's getting insane. I am sticking with it though!

Replies

• lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have to eat your exercise calories unless they take your net below your BMR, since your TDEE (or you TDEE - cut) already includes your average daily burn.
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    You shouldn't have to eat your exercise calories unless they take your net below your BMR, since your TDEE (or you TDEE - cut) already includes your average daily burn.

OOps. Good thing I am still under. :) YAY I am done for the night.
  • lillebanon
    Options
    If you've got time you may want to read through the sticky posts, especially the TDEE one for a refresher course. :)
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    If you've got time you may want to read through the sticky posts, especially the TDEE one for a refresher course. :)

I've read it over and over and I just keep forgetting. I am dyslexic so having all these numbers floating in my head causes problems.
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I've read it over and over and I just keep forgetting. I am dyslexic so having all these numbers floating in my head causes problems.

I kept doing that, too and I'm not dyslexic, lol. I just posted like this a few days ago. So far everybody says it's normal and it will get better (it's starting to for me).
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    Phew... good to know. It's hard being dyslexic with a learning disability (wish I was kidding)
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the eating. It has felt like a neverending Thanksgiving dinner for the past few days. I am still not reaching my goal calories. I am just doing everything I can to at least net my bmr.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When I log exercise, I just put 1 calorie burned, but add the time as a record that I worked out. That way, I don't get confused about the calories.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    When I log exercise, I just put 1 calorie burned, but add the time as a record that I worked out. That way, I don't get confused about the calories.

This is what I do as well. I have a couple of others on my friends list that do the same thing.

I guess my log looks funny "Stronglifts 5x5 40 minutes, 1 calorie".
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I log my full exercise calories. What I do is ignore MFPs "calories remaining" and only look at "food consumed" (to make sure it reaches my TDEE) and "net" (to make sure my exercise doesn't take it below BMR). That way I don't have to do any math in my head.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I log my full exercise calories. What I do is ignore MFPs "calories remaining" and only look at "food consumed" (to make sure it reaches my TDEE) and "net" (to make sure my exercise doesn't take it below BMR). That way I don't have to do any math in my head.

That's what I do. I don't want to do math at the end of the day to make sure I've eaten the right amount. I just make sure my net is over BMR!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Phew... good to know. It's hard being dyslexic with a learning disability (wish I was kidding)

maybe keep a little cheat sheet in the notes function of your phone. something really simple like this...

TDEE = ????

BMR = ????

whatever else you need noted here.

color code if needed. TDEE in green. BMR in red.

round your numbers a little up or down to numbers that are easy to remember.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Witrixie posted this and I have also mentioned this as well in some of the topics, hope this helps:

Here's what I did to keep it simple.

Ignore all of MPF fitness settings and use the custom settings to set how many calories you want to eat. (click on Goals - Change Goals - Custom - Continue - change calories & macros here - click on Change Goals at the bottom to save)

This is what my home screen looks like w/out exercise:
    Goal 2074
    Food 2066
    Exercise 0
    = Net 2066

After I exercise this afternoon this is what it will look like:

Goal 2074
    Food 2066
    Exercise 300
    = Net 1766

As long as my NET calories stays above my BMR I don't have to worry about anything.

Make sense?
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    Witrixie posted this and I have also mentioned this as well in some of the topics, hope this helps:

Here's what I did to keep it simple.

Ignore all of MPF fitness settings and use the custom settings to set how many calories you want to eat. (click on Goals - Change Goals - Custom - Continue - change calories & macros here - click on Change Goals at the bottom to save)

This is what my home screen looks like w/out exercise:
    Goal 2074
    Food 2066
    Exercise 0
    = Net 2066

After I exercise this afternoon this is what it will look like:

Goal 2074
    Food 2066
    Exercise 300
    = Net 1766

As long as my NET calories stays above my BMR I don't have to worry about anything.

Make sense?

I'm famous!! :drinker:
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the eating. It has felt like a neverending Thanksgiving dinner for the past few days. I am still not reaching my goal calories. I am just doing everything I can to at least net my bmr.
    what would you suggest for someone who exercises and does not even net their BMR but cannot eat anymore than they are already eating?
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    This post is very helpful guys!!!! i was getting conofused!!!!!! My BMR is 1349, TDEE is 2328 and my daily cals is 1978, but i feel like i cant eat that much, what about on days that i exercise a lot..... i end up with like 849-900ish calories as my net but i had already eaten like 2100 for the day..... any suggestions???? Please feel free to message me, as i have class later and might not be able to check this.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to cut back on cardio until you can get your cals in. Netting under BMR..think about it, you are not providing your body enougy fuel to even lay in the bed all day doing nothing...on top of that you are demanding your precious body to perform high cardio or lifts.

I had to cut back on my cardio bec I just couldn't eat back the cals...now my body has adapted and I can easily eat to net bmr or even my cut without batting an eye.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    what would you suggest for someone who exercises and does not even net their BMR but cannot eat anymore than they are already eating?

As Lucia suggested, I'm cutting back on my cardio for one thing. I'm using that scooby workshop site to start a beginner workout plan. I'm changing it up a bit to fit my needs better. I have pretty limited equipment at my disposal with not having a gym membership or much room.

The other thing I'm doing, is to look for more calorie-dense foods. It sort of goes against my programming, but it is the most logical way to go. I've been eating pecans for one thing. They can be pricey, but they give you some healthy fats. Also protein shakes in the morning. I'm going from 1 to 2 scoops now. Then there is always peanut butter. I'm really still trying to figure it all out.
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    It's been a week since I posted this originally and I can tell you that it sure doesn't feel like as much food on day 7 as day 1 and 2.