Non Scale Victory

Options
What is something you did today that is a non sale victory or NSV? This means it has nothing to do with what your scale says...be it big or small

Today hubby brought home a box of junior mints. I counted out 1 serving and put the rest away. I also did my strength training and walking. I think I will try the 2 mile tomorrow.

Replies

• hlwolfe72
    hlwolfe72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My non scale victory today was when shopping I felt like I wanted a soda. By the time I got to the registers, I had talked myself out of buying the soda and grabbed a bottle of flavored water!
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options
    actually going to the gym and completing 30 minutes on the elliptical even though I didn't want to.
  • VivaLaDiane
    Options
    What a great job you're all doing.

I got up earlier today instead of hitting the snooze and ate breakfast, measuring out the portion and preparing my 2 snacks and lunch for today to keep on track. One hour until I head to the gym downstairs!!! YAY!
  • AngieQue
    AngieQue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been putting this off for awhile, but this morning I got up early, cleaned the fridge out, cleaned the pantry, then made meal plans for a month, then made a grocery list based on my meal plans and on-hand list.

My husband is on a Paleo style diet and I am closer to a mostly vegetarian Mediterranean style diet, so it can be a challenge to cook frugally for us. Planning like this will not only help me eat healthier, but also stay on budget .....so it's a win-win.
  • bstitched
    bstitched Posts: 4
    Options
    This was actually yesterdays non scale victory but I only had 2 slices of pizza for dinner. Fully accounted for in my food diary and within my daily calories. Writing it down has made me super aware. Before we would have ordered 2 pizzas, courtesy of the price break:huh: , one for my DH and one for me, so only 2 pieces is huge for me!
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Today I have been on an exercise kick. I also cleaned the kitchen, pitched some stuff out. It is amazing how much energy you have when you just WANT to have it.
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    Today I drove by Little Caesar's and did not stop for the crazy bread w/ cheese dipping sauce. I love it, I could eat it everyday, it's so bad and I really wanted some today. It would have been so easy to stop. There was no traffic, the parking lot was empty, I could have been in and out in less than a minute, but I didn't stop. I was a little proud that I didn't cave in and stop.
  • bstitched
    Options
    Good self control and great choice phtbtmgrl!
  • bohemianprincess65
    Options
    I rode my bike for 15 minutes.Im pretty much a loner and I hate the thought of people laughing at me. I needed to do a test run to see how long it would take me to ride to work. My car is dead and now I will ride or walk locally. This will really help me get into shape.
  • Mar1l1ze
    Mar1l1ze Posts: 16
    Options
    My NSV is getting back into it today. I've given up so many times after a "speed-wobble" in my road to a healthier life, that today could have been another self-inflicted *kitten*-kicking and just generally giving up - again.

We had a party last night and I basically just didn't feel like accounting for the drinks and snacks I was taking in - that rebellious streak sabotaging myself.

So today I am very proud of myself for saying: "No more! No more feeling like a failure over one little bump in the road. No more giving up so easily. No more excuses. Just get on with it and work it in."

So now I have a light heart filled with amazing memories of last night and knowing that I can and will make it work this time because I am cutting myself some slack. As log as I keep moving in the right direction I am winning :)
  • klarabella9tee9
    klarabella9tee9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you...I love that!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day is having cheerios instead of Cap'n Crunch for breakfast =)
  • AngieQue
    AngieQue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I rode my bike for 15 minutes.Im pretty much a loner and I hate the thought of people laughing at me. I needed to do a test run to see how long it would take me to ride to work. My car is dead and now I will ride or walk locally. This will really help me get into shape.

My car died a year ago and I have been walking, biking, and using public transportation ever since. It has helped get some additional exercise, just running necessary errands. We are on top of a fairly steep hill and it is a workout just to come home! It's good that you are thinking positively about the situation. :)
  • 1SweetClementine
    Options
    I did something today I don't think I've ever done. I exercised, on purpose, twice today! :-) I don't particularly enjoy it, but it felt good to do it, if that makes sense.

Earlier this week, I had another non-scale victory. I went to the doctor with an ear/throat/headache virus on Monday and still had a big headache on Tuesday. But I still got on the treadmill Tuesday and did my 25 minutes. I think the only reason I really did it is because I felt accountable to the SB group & myself on MFP. I normally would have considered a headache a good reason to take a day off. I was also surprised that my headache lessened while exercising, since I often get headaches from workouts. Hmmmm. Needless to say, I'm feeling good about the journey this time. :-)
  • MsVJP
    MsVJP Posts: 11
    Options
    Ahhhh....so that's what NSV stands for!!
  • bstitched
    Options
    I had two this week, 1. I broke a 4 -8 cup a day coffee habit, and 2. bought a jump rope at DollarTree and actually started using it (which by the way is much more difficult than I remember).
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    awesomejob bstitched! My NSV is completing my first kickboxing class. Yay for motivation haha. I even got neat gloves =P