I FINALLY found a solution to online dating!!!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree that is easier for women... Even if the messages that we receive aren't exactly.... Great.
    Men generally have to put the work in and send out the messages. At least this has been my experience.. When I was on OKC, I think I messaged 2 guys total, and received quite a few.
    It is really all about how you present yourself, just like everybody else is saying. You sound bitter, and nobody finds bitter to be attractive.

But, OKC is terrible... And I think I'd rather live the rest of my life alone with a bunch of cats then try it again.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Why you aint got no play, playa?

No seriously, though, you obviously just suck at it. It is probably a good choice that you moved on.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    i admit it's to the point now where i dont even mention the physics degree mainly because i'm working in a completely different field, but also in general i hate having to explain the switch especially since it ends up coming off s me saying "because i'm awesome. i'm a genius. and i'm good at just about everything" :laugh:

but really i think it's more about people's expectations and stereotypes. they (meaning those without a science and math background) expect sciencey folk to be a certain way.

Even if they've been getting to know you for a little while, those stereotypes really impact a budding relationship. It kills me sometimes when guys ask me what I do and they nod and smile when I say, "I do admin work... I make sure everyone else knows when their due dates are." Which is a true statement. I actually try to avoid getting any deeper into it but when I want to run a guy off that's actually one of two things I tell him to guarantee he'll never come back.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm just relieved to read all these messages and realize how we're all frustrated! I too shut down my last online account after the only two men to contact me were either my grandfather's age or handicapped (he was autistic and asked me if I had nice tits, so that was AWESOME).

I think my profiles were fairly normal so maybe they didn't stand out enough or maybe I'm still just too large to get the kind of man that interests me. I do believe there are good men out there, I'm just not sure where they're hiding and what I need to do to get a little attention, haha...

I will admit I'm starting to have those same bitter feelings, and once you reach that point, you might as well step away from the game... bitterness is not pretty and everyone can see/ feel it a mile away. So for now, I'm going to stay focused on a message I heard recently for single people. Become the person that the person you want, will be attracted to... simple right? So I'm running a mud run, going to church, and hanging out at Best Buy, haha... he better be there!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    WOW glad I never came across you on there. Oh wait I did. Your profile was insulting.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    WOW glad I never came across you on there. Oh wait I did. Your profile was insulting.

Was it as bitter and angry as I think it was?
  • yoovie
    Options
    mostly condescending. Like THIS IS WHO I AM AND I NEED THIS KIND OF WOMAN SO I CAN PRESENT TO THE WORLD THAT I HAVE THE WHOLE PACKAGE- I DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY AS LONG AS YOU ARE WELL EDUCATED, RICH, CLASSY AND MAKE ME LOOK GOOD IN PUBLIC. THANK YOU.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Do you WANT to view my inbox? Easy my *kitten*...

Oh yeah feeling ya there!
  • yoovie
    Options
    Do you WANT to view my inbox? Easy my *kitten*...

Oh yeah feeling ya there!

Ive learned not to take the bait on this one - no one REALLY wants to see anyone else's inbox lol
  • sportsbear46
    Options

unless you're a black woman, then you're pretty much the female equivalent of the guy who admits to be 5 feet tall online :laugh:

part of the reason i dont do online dating as much is that it's not really worth my time. I do far far better irl than i do online. a sister can't get no e-love :sad:

I agree
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    mostly condescending. Like THIS IS WHO I AM AND I NEED THIS KIND OF WOMAN SO I CAN PRESENT TO THE WORLD THAT I HAVE THE WHOLE PACKAGE- I DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY AS LONG AS YOU ARE WELL EDUCATED, RICH, CLASSY AND MAKE ME LOOK GOOD IN PUBLIC. THANK YOU.

Are you effing kidding me.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin.