STUCK In A Rut!! Help Needed

Options
Jenjaz1910
Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
Hi Guys,

Well since I upped my calories I have lost 3.1lbs in about 7/8 weeks, I also initially lost nearly 15 inches. But body shape wise nothing is changing anymore?!

My workout routine is as follows

Monday AM: 45 mins - 1 hour Strength training (following a 5x5 routine)
Tuesday AM: 35 minutes ripped in 30 (if time also do 20 mins Zumba on the WII)
Wednesday AM: 45 mins - 1 hour Strength training
Thursday AM: 35 minutes Ripped in 30 (if time also do 20 mins Zumba on the WII)
Friday: 45 mins - 1 hour Strength training
Saturday: REST DAY (but normally on the go with the kids,
Sunday: 35 minutes Ripped in 30 and I try and do another JM workout OR Zumba on the WII

My TDEE is 2081 so I minus 20% (for weight loss) which gives me 1664cals a day which I try to eat and then keep my NET at or above my BMR which is 1363. I am trying to up my protein at the mo so that I reach 40/30/30 on my macros.

Can anybody advise of any changes I could make to up the weight & inch loss?! Starting to get demotivated :(

Jen x

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing the same workout routine the whole 7/8 weeks? As far as reps/sets in strength, and is it the exact same cardio, etc?

Also, the cals seem just a smidgen low for the amount of work that you're doing. For instance, your routine is very similar to mine, except you do one more cardio session than I do. My deficit is set @ 1900 cals right now. I'm not sure of your stats of course, but for comparison, I'm 5'2, 125lbs.

~Kiki
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Have you been doing the same workout routine the whole 7/8 weeks? As far as reps/sets in strength, and is it the exact same cardio, etc?

Also, the cals seem just a smidgen low for the amount of work that you're doing. For instance, your routine is very similar to mine, except you do one more cardio session than I do. My deficit is set @ 1900 cals right now. I'm not sure of your stats of course, but for comparison, I'm 5'2, 125lbs.

~Kiki

Thanks for your response.

I am just about 5ft 3 inches, 146.9lbs, my BMR according to Fat2fit is 1363 and my TDEE is 2081 (this is for moderate activity) I work behind a desk Monday - Friday so am quite sedentary during the day! I've got about another 16-20lbs to lose to get to where I would like to be.

Workout wise, I started off doing 30DS 5/6 days a week then started RI30 doing that 5/6 times in the first week, I was also doing Zumba up to 3 times a week for 20 mins. I was doing strength training every now and then, maybe twice a week, but not really following a programme. But beginning of last week I started doing the 5x5 strength training 3 times a week for 45-60 mins. and cut the RI30 down to 3 times a week.Over the past 2 weeks I have only done Zumba once so it's really only been strength 3 times a week and RI30 3 times a week.

I just need someone to say "ok, this is the amount of cals you MUST eat every day and these are the workout schedule you must do every day" lol the 5x5 workouts I was given don't give an actual breakdown of what to do on each day, just say a list of, for example: abs - static: planks, side planks etc...

EDIT: I did buy NROLFW but I can't really do it as I have no access to gym and only low weight weights (I am on a tight budget at the moment) so a body weight workout is what I need. I only have 5lbs dumbell (others are even lighter) and a 30lb barbell

Jen x
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more. I ST 3x week and run 2-3x week with 2 rest days and I eat 1800-1900 day. Thinking about upping to 1900-2000. I make sure I net over my BMR of 1470 day. I also work at a desk all day long. Eat more and skip one of your JM video days. Try for a few weeks :) (I'm 5.475" and 158lbs)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    I think you need to eat more. I ST 3x week and run 2-3x week with 2 rest days and I eat 1800-1900 day. Thinking about upping to 1900-2000. I make sure I net over my BMR of 1470 day. I also work at a desk all day long. Eat more and skip one of your JM video days. Try for a few weeks :) (I'm 5.475" and 158lbs)

Thanks :) I am in panic mode as it is just under 13 weeks till I go on holiday, and I really want to see more results by then.

So maybe take 2 rest days at the weekend on the Saturday and Sunday? And up my daily cals? What should I up them too, my TDEE for moderately activity is only 2081? I thought you neede a 20-15% deficit for fat loss? My diary is open if you want to have a look.

Jen x
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been using this website to calculate my BMR and TDEE. I put in your info and yes you do need to increase your cals. Try it:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    I've been using this website to calculate my BMR and TDEE. I put in your info and yes you do need to increase your cals. Try it:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thanks for that :) I've changed my goal to 1778 cals a day, that is what that site gave me for 20% deficit. Let's see how I go for the rest of may! Thank you x
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    That's the same calculator that I use, so I'd go with that. For many people, being stuck, means you probably aren't eating enough. Even though we typically want to go down instead. :wink:

Stay consistent, and the results will come

Kiki
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Had a play around on that site and the TDEE I was given before was for my goal weight! Thanks guys x