fiber

Options
Llaybhs84
Llaybhs84 Posts: 10 Member
My fiber count has been really low can I use Fiberall or something like that (dont know for sure what it is called) to increase my fiber? or any ideas on some high fiber food other than Broccoli?

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat the MIM's. They are made with flaxseed meal which is great for fiber. One MIM has 8 grams of fiber, plus you can subtract it from your carb count. :)
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i sometimes use Benefiber. If you use a supplement like that, be SURE to pump up your water intake A LOT. If you dont...errr..well you will plug up!! fiber is a funny thing...can.ease constipation and can cause it...all depends on the water!!
  • demuralist
    demuralist Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I make sure that I get 7 different veggies (and 2 fruits) every day. That usually gets me between 25g and 30g a day. I use Konjac noodles. 0calories, 9g carb, 9g fiber, that usually gets things moving!

I also drink around a gallon of fluids a day, between coffee, teas, and water.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    mim's a couple of times a week, but really, heaps of water! I go through about 4 litres!
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat the MIM's. They are made with flaxseed meal which is great for fiber. One MIM has 8 grams of fiber, plus you can subtract it from your carb count. :)

This maybe stupid but what is a MIM?
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

This maybe stupid but what is a MIM?

MIM=muffin in a minute. There is a thread just for different recipes for them! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    I use Psyllium Fiber husks... It works amazing...just make sure you are drinking tons of water.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    How do you take the Psyllium husks? Pill form? I've always wondered. I've been taking these multi-fiber cleanse tablets from Nature's Secret and they're just okay.

This is why I miss fruit so much. Never needed help with fiber in my carb life.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    How do you take the Psyllium husks? Pill form? I've always wondered. I've been taking these multi-fiber cleanse tablets from Nature's Secret and they're just okay.

This is why I miss fruit so much. Never needed help with fiber in my carb life.

Not pills... they NEVER work for me. I use the whole psyllium husks. It's sort of a powder but, NOT refined. I take a spoonfull or two and stir it in a big glass of water. then, let it sit for a few minutes because it gets smoother. OK< I'm NOT going to Lie.... It taste like weird cardboard. I just gulp it down. I've been using it for years. imo, it's the BEST thing. It has carbs, but it's almost ALL fiber so it doesn't count. the net carbs are maybe 1 or 2...depending on how much you use of course. But to me, it's Completely worth it!!!! It moves EVERYTHING out! You Have to drink your of water or it won't work as well... It will work within 24-48 hours (depending on how clogged you are)... I do it twice a day (everyday) when I'm doing low carb. Get it at a health food store.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I can't wait to try this in my protein shakes. Thank you so much!