Thanks so MUCH!! Got some questions

I'm 5'4", 152lbs and is working out 6x a week most of times. I weight lift 3x a week, but is current doing Les Mills Pump program under Beach body with some quick HIIT cardio workouts. I've lost 179 lbs so far. Past 6 months was worse part of my life. I used to work out 2 hours a day and feel GREAT! But I've lost my energy at end of day, I binge eat once a while, I am always COLD, I have irregular period, etc.

I was wondering WHY! I gain easily whenever I eat salty food or binge eating, or even when I eat something unhealthy in moderation. I did not understand until I did my research. I am into healthy lifestyle, not DIET.

I was under eating. yup.

Thank you for the discussion board-- I read and READ! I was so happy to see people like me. I'm afraid to gain, yes I have to admit that. I am sure you did in the past.

But the question are

1) How do you increase your calories? increase them quickly?

2) I know I will gain, do you know how much max? your experience on that?

3) I am getting FITBIT to measure everything I do during the day. I am excited about it. anyone here have that?

4) Any advices?

Thanks in advance..

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Replies

• missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    bump bump bump :( I need help and support!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Hi there,

So glad you are deciding to up calories, you will feel so much better....I exhibited many of the symptoms you mentioned...I literally burned out TWO heaters at my job because I ran them all day and kept a blanket over my legs on top of that. I bought a new one right before eating and I rarely turn it on ever!

Ok, so back to your question...I really can't tell you how much you may gain...there are some women that don't gain and start losing right away, some that pack on 10lbs one week and it dropped off the next, others that crept up slowly for weeks and then started going down, too many to think of. I will say, because we are all unique, our bodies react different. I dropped 4lbs first week, gained back 3lbs over the following 3, for a net of 1lb by the 4wk mark, but lost an entire inch of my waist. I could see visible fat disappear.

The key to this concept is fueling the body consistently, getting the body to trust you again, so that it will release the fat. We are big into strength training to try and retain the muscle that as a heavier person you naturally build up because you are carrying around extra weight. So, in keeping the muscle, bumping up the protein and cals, we tend not to drop quick weight, but lose nice inches. So there are so many people that are in smaller clothes sizes (including myself), but not necessarily showing a huge drop on the scale. Really what is more important, being a certain number or the scale, or looking like a certain number while wearing smaller sizes:wink:
    When you wear a smaller size that is because your lean muscle mass takes up less space, but is heavier and you are burning off the fat that doesn't weigh as much but takes up more space...hence smaller sizes.:love:

So, I am a jump in head first person...if you can stand it, put the scale away and go to the site we recommend in the TDEE link and calculate your TDEE using the right activity level. If you workout 6hrs a week choose that option, then for the calorie deficit please don't go with the 20%, go with 15%...get some fuel in your body, it will thank you and you give it time it will start to let go of the fat...it really does work. You just have to be patient, take pictures, and measure yourself monthly. Watch your clothes, they tell it all!
  • missdimpley
    Thanks so much. I already started weightlift in Feb-- I love it!

No wonder, I'm using heater too MUCh too! all of my co workers think I am nuts. I'm so happy I am not only one. did you experience irregular period? consipiated?

I'm so CONFUSED with TDEE. I am NOT good at math. Can you help? and whatever that is, should i eat that RIGHT away or slowly increasing them? I plan on eating 1,600 today (already pre-track them) I hope I will feel better very soon. I hate being tired, no energy, light headed, cold, conispiated, cranky, etc. I am sure you know hwo it is.

I am so grateful you responded. I am INTO feeling GREAT about myself. I'm wearing size 6-8 pants right now.
  • missdimpley
    Okay. My BMR is 1,484.7

I work out 5- 6x a week (up to 60-70 mins: usually between 300-600 calories per workout) It depends on what kind of workout I am doing. But I sit most of the day (desk job) so I pick 1.55 moderate activity, that would be 2,301.

X .15= 345 and then subract that from 2,301, which is 1,956. does that make sense?

How do I do 40/30/30 ?

HELP!!! hahaha. I am so scared, but excited at same time. Should I start 1,956 now?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Okay. My BMR is 1,484.7

I work out 5- 6x a week (up to 60-70 mins: usually between 300-600 calories per workout) It depends on what kind of workout I am doing. But I sit most of the day (desk job) so I pick 1.55 moderate activity, that would be 2,301.

X .15= 345 and then subract that from 2,301, which is 1,956. does that make sense?

How do I do 40/30/30 ?

HELP!!! hahaha. I am so scared, but excited at same time. Should I start 1,956 now?

Yes, start eating that every single day...CONSISTENTLY. If you burn over 472 calories during a workout then you need to eat the excess.

For the 40/30/30 go to Goals, Custom and set your calories and 40 protein 30 carbs, 30 fat.
  • missdimpley
    done!!! thanks so much. and i just got fitbit.. you know anything about it?
  • missdimpley
    what about the rest day? do I need to eat 1,900?