Only a few days in...

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
And up 2 1/2 pounds already. Ugh! At this rate, I'll gain 40 lbs in a couple months.

Replies

• divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way. I started a week ago and am up 2 lbs. However I am told that this happens and to be patient. So patient I will be. I figure I have been this way for this many years so a few more weeks will not kill me. My body has been "abused" and neglected for so long now it has no idea what the heck is happening. Just focus on eating good healthy food and getting some good healthy exercise in. You will be rewarded and so will I.
  • neverstray
    Options
    I know, but summer is coming. I hate this. I don't want to be a fatty through summer.
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    It's absolutely normal to put on a little weight at the beginning while your body gets used to the extra calories. Once it's trusts that you are not going to starve it again and will consistently feed it the same amount it will start letting go of the "extra weight".
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    And up 2 1/2 pounds already. Ugh! At this rate, I'll gain 40 lbs in a couple months.

Have you had a moment to take a look at the "What to expect when upping", it will help:smile:

Remember a pound is 3500 cals on top of TDEE, so that weight is most likely water. Kiki does a great job of breaking it down. Please take a moment and check out that sticky.

Lucia
  • neverstray
    Options
    OK. Thanks. Breathing deeply and trusting.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    taking notes.... :) not sure if I want to do this 'eat more' thing anymore... I have a hard enough time eating all my cals as it is!!! I think if I went back to just eating my normal stuff and not worry about if it's healthy, I'd still lose weight because I'm exercising... :) I'm glad I'm on the site tho', so no regrets! :) met some really cool people! :)