Videogame Sound Tracks

Options
Gilbrod
Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
So I'm listening to my iPod at work hooked up to the radio (in a bank mind you), and a classical remix of Y's "Palace Theme", composed by Yuzo Koshiro starts playing. That man was a genius. What are your favorite game sound tracks? I have a sh!tload, but this one just stood out as it just started playing here. I'm sure I'll hear lots of FFs (if anyone responds) but have at it.

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I have alot of Video Game soundtracks. Constantly having things like Zelda songs redone or even songs from Alan Wake. Currently, I am stuck on some songs I got from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I used to think "damn, I am probably the only one pumping music from Kingdom Hearts in my car" but I figured I couldnt be alone. lol
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    Last week we played video game music in our data lab all afternoon, ranging from Zelda to Final Fantasy (any) to Mortal Kombat to Mass Effect and Skyrim... video game music makes me a happy girl. :) I will listen to it forever.

Ohh, have you seen the Cal State halftime show?? If not, I highly suggest watching it...
  • Ryan_Bullock
    Options
    The soundtrack from Deus Ex: HR is usually in rotation on my playlist.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Awesome! Yeah, I play game music in the car, work, gym. I have a few songs from Stemage in my iPhone. They do metal versions of Metroid songs. Check em out at www.metroidmetal.com.
    I will look into that SoCal half time show and see whats up.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Nobou Uematsu- Final Fantasy (the earlier days)

Bastion

Fallout 3

Zelda

Lunar Silver Star Story

Parasite Eve

Gabriel Knight 2

Ahhhh so many good ones >_<
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    about 70% of my gym workout playlist is gaming type music. qo=
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    IMO

Not even sure if this is in the game BUT was in the advert

Beyonetta ad features La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Dubstep Track)

http://youtu.be/h7PZ1i992kc?hd=1
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have the Bioshock 1 & 2 and the Fallout 3 & NV soundtracks on my ipod. Got to love that swing music :laugh:
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    IMO

That is a good track, but that game also has a decent soundtrack. I just downloaded the whole Streets of Rage remix for my next 10K. Anyone play the old school Phantasy Star games? Not the MMO type ones, but the JRPG ones. Those were good tracks.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Those that played Fallout 3, Was anyone just hypnotized with "I Dont Want to Set the World on Fire"? I know technically its just used in the game, and not from it, but man, that song is STILL on my iPod.
  • ScientistStudy
    Options
    Those that played Fallout 3, Was anyone just hypnotized with "I Dont Want to Set the World on Fire"? I know technically its just used in the game, and not from it, but man, that song is STILL on my iPod.

Yes, yes, yes! I love the music on Fallout. The radio stations are such a good feature. Malcolm McDowall as President Eden is brilliant! And what about Three Dog (Arrooo!!). I didn't enjoy the stations so much on Fallout: NV but some of the music is still so good.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    I have the Bioshock 1 & 2 and the Fallout 3 & NV soundtracks on my ipod. Got to love that swing music :laugh:

LOL!!! I thought I was the only one.... even my wife digs it as well. She loves swing.
  • ScientistStudy
    Options

LOL!!! I thought I was the only one.... even my wife digs it as well. She loves swing.

It makes me want to dance around like a total idiot :bigsmile:
  • ScientistStudy
    Options
    IMO

In that case then I really liked the song on the Assassins Creed Revelations advert, it fits really well.

And I got into the band De VotchKa because of their song How it Ends on the the Gears of War 2 advert haha.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    OK....another advertisment that I dug then was the Gears of War with an acoustic version of "Mad World". OK, back to sound tracks. Castlevania. The 2D ones had crazy good music.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    OK....another advertisment that I dug then was the Gears of War with an acoustic version of "Mad World". OK, back to sound tracks. Castlevania. The 2D ones had crazy good music.

Mad World, How This Ends (from GoW2 commercial), AND the third one. (dont know the name)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i must be one of the biggest vgm fan ever! I am actually listening to the overclockremix album for megaman x right as i type this! I am a huge music fan so I also play piano/guitar and i can play many songs by ear :). I also love movie soundtracks like inception and stuff like that, i also like to play my piano to them. I would probably upload a vid on youtube of me playing a little bit of piano, but i'm no expert! (don't know chord names lol) i just get everything by ear.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of favorite soundtracks, but the one on the top has to be

Chrono Cross - Dream of the Shore Near Another World

hearing it the first time made me fall in love with that song.
    also I like the many remixes of Castlevania's - Vampire Killer theme
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fav. However, Video Games Live... AMAZING!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I suggest you guys listen to kid icarus uprising's soundtrack. That is some epic stuff...even if you don't like the game or whatever, listen to it.