Videogame Sound Tracks

Options

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Loved the soundtrack from Ninja Gaiden(nes) Super R-type, Zelda, and of course Halo.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fav. However, Video Games Live... AMAZING!

I want to go to one of those shows so bad. They're never in my area of Baltimore/DC.

Overclock has a whole lot of stuff remixed. Love that site. I can do the bass lines to most of my favorite soundtracks. Megaman is a great speed exercise. A whole lotta bands out there that do remixes or live playings. MiniBosses, The Advantage, Stemage, Neskimos to name a few.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy VI & VII
    Super Castelvania IV
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    The song Wandering from FFX is so hypnotic to me.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A friend got the skyrim soundtrack and that is perfect. some really atmospheric music. I love the halo themes - one is my ringtone, the other my message tone :blushing:

I've not been able to find the pop will eat itself track called reloaded (i think it was called that) from the same game . That was a really good one too.

ETA WOW......... How could I forget WoW?! The stormwind theme. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Oh yea. I remember Secret of Evermore having a pretty decent Soundtrack as well. Jeremy Soule did a pretty good job with it.
  • Onipaa808
    Onipaa808 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LUV the music in The Elder Scrolls 3, 4, and 5
  • Jph6701
    Jph6701 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Some of the best gaming music apart from Fallout has to be Age of Conans soundtrack is fantastic.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    I suggest you guys listen to kid icarus uprising's soundtrack. That is some epic stuff...even if you don't like the game or whatever, listen to it.

Wow. The power of the 3DS
    Some of my favorites:

Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy VI & VII
    Super Castelvania IV

All of them have themes in my iPod in their classic forms.
    Oh yea. I remember Secret of Evermore having a pretty decent Soundtrack as well. Jeremy Soule did a pretty good job with it.

Epic one indeed! Damn that was a fun game IMO. A friend of mine was talking to me and we were remembering staying up 3 nights in a row in his house and we beat Sword of Vermillion for the Sega Genesis. We also remembered how epic the music was. I downloaded it and man, for it's time and the limitations of the first 5-MEG game, it was awesome music.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Gonna sound pretty lame, but Epic Mickey has some great tracks.

Jim Dooley (Dont know if I got the same name right) made the soundtrack to the show Pushing Daises. He also did the music for Epic Mickey. Did a great job in my opinion.

Give it a listen if you wanna hear some great tracks. Especially with one of the bosses which is the Clock Tower from the ride "It's a small world"
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Not lame at all. Most Mickey games were the *kitten* back in the day. Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion, the one where he goes through all the time periods. The Sega CD version had an awesome sound track.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love the soundtrack to Bastion. Not so great to work out too but fantastic when driving around in the car.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok I dont know if you guys remeber the fighting game Killer insticnt . It came with its own CD of music and each song was supposed to represent a fighter. I could listen to that **** all day
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Ok I dont know if you guys remeber the fighting game Killer insticnt . It came with its own CD of music and each song was supposed to represent a fighter. I could listen to that **** all day
    course, i listen to this from time to time...i have it on my pc :)
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ETA WOW......... How could I forget WoW?! The stormwind theme. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

I highly recommend "Taverns of Azeroth" from David Arkenstone. Wonderful music!
  • Gilbrod
    Options

Are you kidding me?! Gargos' stage music from Killer Instinct Gold is still in my running play list. That game had fantastic music for working out.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I love the soundtrack for Fez, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and the new Diablo 3 soundtrack is really good.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it's been said, if it hasnt it should be, but Gears of War has a great soundtrack.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Soundtracks I have on my hard drive:

Aion
    Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Bioshock
    COD Modern Warfare 2
    Dj Hero
    GOW 1, 2 & 3
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Halo 1, 2 & 3
    Need for Speed Shift
    Silent Hill Vol 2
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Soundtracks I have on my hard drive:

Aion
    Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Bioshock
    COD Modern Warfare 2
    Dj Hero
    GOW 1, 2 & 3
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Halo 1, 2 & 3
    Need for Speed Shift
    Silent Hill Vol 2

DJ Hero had some crazy remixes. I never played Gears. I was tired of buying Xboxes. After my second one, I said screw it. Shadow of the Colussus was fantastic as well. Speaking of Fez.... Lummies also had a good sound track. You don't hear too many sound tracks like the ones found in Streets of Rage. Good Ole Yuzo Koshiro. Does he still make game music btw?