Healthy workout? Opinions?

Options
jyska
jyska Posts: 728 Member
ok, so...I've been over-training. (basically working my butt bigger) sigh.

So, question for you guys...if I drop my workouts to 2 lift days, one plyometrics (jump training) day and 7 days a week walking dog for hour, would you consider that to be a 3-5 day/week moderate activity level?? (and a normal workout level?)

I usually use the http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and I'm not sure if I should use the

- 3-5 hours of moderate
or
- 5-6 hours of strenuous?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ummm how long are your lift sessions and the other plyo one? You walk at what intensity?
  • jyska
    Options
    Ummm how long are your lift sessions and the other plyo one? You walk at what intensity?

I do P90X so each lift/strength session is 60 min and the plyo is also 60 min. I walk at 3.5 mph usually. it's quickish, but 'light' to my thinking?
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    upgrade to 5-6 strenuous hours just for the stuff you listed but also because you do a whole plethora of other constant not sitting down stuff that you don't log as exercise.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Agree!
  • jyska
    Options
    ok, good to know! I'll check in with you Lucia tomorrow as requested first regarding my other post, but I'll tentatively plan to start this new routine on Monday (that will be after 6 days of rest).
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Sounds good!