I am New and have a question.

Options
Kim30726
Kim30726 Posts: 16 Member
I started the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and am in my second week. Can I do both the NROLFW and the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution or should I wait until I am finished with Jillian? I guess what I am wondering is will I be over working if I do them both and thus hinder any potential benefit?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    From what the author of NROLFW states it would hinder your results. He explains that he has laid out the program to maximize benefits and also your body needs rest to repair and improve. I would suggest finishing up your JM before diving in to NROLFW. :smile:
  • Kim30726
    Options
    Thanks!

Ughhhh.. I so want to start lifting... and Jillian's Body Revolution lasts 90days.... it will be hard to wait that long. Sigh
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about JM's program. And the initial response is just my humble opinion after reading the book, so please whatever works for you- works for you! :smile:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If Jillian's program includes strength training, then don't do NROL4W at the same time. Choose one or the other.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Does Jillian Michael's Body Revolution promote HEAVY lifting?? If not, I would seriously re-consider what your goals are....if your goals are to achieve fat loss through heavy lifting, then I'd recommend NROL4W.

The "body revolution" can wait...
  • Kim30726
    Options
    I do want to be LEAN..... my biggest area of concern is my belly..... I am 5'4 and 135lbs.... Body Revolution is similar to P90x ... biggest difference is that it is only 30-35 min instead of 60.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    The first post on this (old) thread has ALL the pictures you will need to PROVE TO YOU that LIFTING HEAVY will get rid of your belly.

Period.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/431684-pics-of-my-ginormous-man-muscles
  • Kim30726
    Options
    Thanks for the link. Before and After pictures are such a great motivator.