New to Advocare

Options
kristydavis97
kristydavis97 Posts: 3 Member
I just received my 24 day challenge kit and I am going to start day 1 on Thursday..... I am looking for any tips or support that I can find. I have battled my weight since I was young and the battle continues. I am determined to win this time!!!

Replies

• stillgirl77
    Options
    How is it going so far? I started one week ago today and I am feeling great with this program. Did you get the ideas you were looking for? I don't have any amazing ideas, but I am enjoying almonds and fruit at snack time and hummus with veggies at lunch. It is nice to be 'forced' to eat whole foods and not just grab something quick on the way out the door all the time!
  • sweetcarolanne
    Options
    I just started the 24-day challenge on Sunday and so far, so good. I'd love to hear tips from others as well!
  • chrissyboyd816
    chrissyboyd816 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my kit on Thursday and can't wait for it to get here and start! I know I will need a little support and encouragement and would love to connect with others on the challenge as well!
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started my 24DC yesterday (5-23) maybe we can be friends on here and be motivators for each other. :smile:
  • AY2011
    AY2011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    doubletnurse... how are you feeling on day 6? I just finished my first 24 Day Challenge! You can do it!!
  • smwifey
    smwifey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my kit to arrive as well. I am already trying to eat better and drinking way more water than before. I think for me it's just a matter of making myself a priority. Along with having no support at home. That is why I was hoping to find others who were having the same issues. We could motivate and encourage each other through this process and lifestyle change. Here's to out health!
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 now and am feeling great! I have lost 4 pounds and put my jeans on this morning out of the dryer and they werent tight!
  • smwifey
    smwifey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Kit arrived today. Day one begins tomorrow. The start of my new life. I must confess that I had to try out the Spark. I know I will have to order more of it before the 24 days are over. It is SO good. And it def. pepped me up for the afternoon which is when I usually crash and head for the chips and donuts.
  • chrissyboyd816
    chrissyboyd816 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 as well! I have noticed a huge difference in my tummy and legs, already! I put on a pair of jeans that I couldn't wear before and they fit too! The first 3-4 days were really tough bc I was tired and hungry but I'm past all that now and feeling really good. I have a hard time sticking with something if I don't see results quickly and this challenge has definitely given me that motivation bc I could see results by day 3. Good luck to you tomorrow!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ordered my 24 day challenge and some extra Spark today, should get it tomorrow and start on Thursday! Super excited! I was doing so good, but the month of May was terrible and I gained big time. Ready to get back to it and be motivated and lose some weight before my birthday!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Tracyramos1220 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My husband, daughter, and I started yesterday. We are on day 2. Will somebody here post an update since you are further in to the challenge?

Thanks,

Tracy
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started the 24 day challenge today! I haven't had much energy despite drinking spark twice today (love the fruit punch!).

I'm sure it will take some time for my body to detox but I know it will be all worth it!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    Hi cwade.

How was your first day! I know on day 2 I woke up with a bad headache. By Day 4 (yesterday) it was gone and I felt so much better. Today is day 5 for us and we are losing weight every day. Hope you are doing well. If you want we can be accountability partners.
  • cwade1021
    Options
    I absolutely would love to be accountability partners. I went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the deep end tonight- I can't even begin to tell you.
  • rach2103
    rach2103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the challenge on June 10 (so day 16) and I'm down 4.2 lbs. I don't know how many inches but I feel like I look much better in my clothes! In addition to the challenge, I'm aiming for eating 1320 cal/day and usually burn 500-700 cal/day during exercise. I have found that my energy level is so high! I have never been so motivated to work out! I've been running 3 miles a day 3 days/wk and doing 1 hour Zumba classes 3 days/wk. I find that taking 3 catalyst and a spark 15-30 min before a workout really help make my workout so much better. I haven't had any mess-ups in my diet and I'm just REALLY hoping this will be the answer for me! The post-baby weight seems to be much harder to take off! Good luck to you all!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    Cwade, it's ok to fall off the wagon as long as you jump back on. ;) We all do it and trust me, the weekends are the hardest. It would be so much harder for me if I didn't have my husband and 21 year old doing it with me. I really don't think you did much harm especially since you just started. You can do it!!!

I love fruit and since we can eat a lot of fruit on phase one, I have started making me fruit slushes and nuts (on the side) as my daily snack. They are so good. They are not like my smoothies but it gives me something sweet, cool, and refreshing in these hot summer months. I live in South Texas and it really gets hot!

Hi Rach. You are doing great! I am a little jealous. I wish I was on day 16. ;)

I can so relate to the post baby weight thing. I have given birth to 9 kids and being 43, it makes it even doubly harder. My metabolism is slower than ever. :( However, having so many kids make it imperative that I get healthy.

We can do this!!! I say you can do anything for 24 days!
  • cwade1021
    Options
    I have to say the slow weight loss scares me. 4lbs after that many days? I mean yeish it's gonna take me years to get to goal.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I started my 2nd - 24DC yesterday (6/24)

Advocare is amazing company! I am a distributor because I know I could never go a day without their products now.

good luck to everyone!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    True, Cwade but they say you will lose many inches. I am one who will shout out to Advocare if it works OR be non-supportive if it doesn't deliver. I am 193 and am being very strict so I should show something at the end of this thing. I also exercise every day-at least 2 hours in the pool.

Hi Jhandley. I have used Spark for years. I love the strawberry mango. What were your stats the first time ie...weight loss, inches, did you cheat at all?
  • rach2103
    rach2103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cease, they say that most of the weight comes off in the second 14 days, the metabolism boosting phase. I lost 2 lbs in the first 10 days and now another 3 in just 6. And I already am down a pant size. My body looks so different already - I'm sure I've lost a good amt of inches! My upline distributor says they recommend committing to 90 days to see real results. I've.already seen a change and I'm officially a believer in just 2.5 short weeks!