New to Advocare

Options

Replies

• Tracyramos1220
    Tracyramos1220 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Rach,

How do you continue after the 24 days? What's different or what supplements do you continue on?

Thanks,

Tracy
  • mommycrue
    mommycrue Posts: 27
    Options
    My brother started with Advocare a few months ago and is loving all of the products and the results! Loving it so much that he bought one 24 day challenge for me to try, I have to pay him back if I cheat (Love him, LOL)! So I finished my first day yesterday and it was easier than I thought! I lost 3 lbs yesterday! Some would say it is only water weight, I say...who cares, it is weight! So I am off to day 2!

Anyway, me...I am a Mother of 3 (10,7 and 2). I am a full time student and work part time as an Aide and Substitute teacher at a Elementary Charter School, but school is out for me and the kids right now. I am a stress eater and carbs are my weakness! I had been taking Phentermine, with okay results...please don't judge...but my brother doesn't like me taking it : ) So here I am...that's me.
  • rheamanda
    rheamanda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I began my WL journey #9873345 on October 27th by joining Weight Watchers. I lost about 20 pounds between then and January with moderate exercise. In January I joined MFP and began the Couch to 5K program. Since then I have made massive changes to my diet and joined a gym. I'm currently at a total of 60 pounds gone forEVER. The last three weeks I have floated between 185 and 180 pounds and it has been very frustrating. I have been taking the Glucosamine (spelling?) from Advocare for several months and it has helped greatly with my knee tenderness. I had seen the WL products before, but was always determined to do this the right way without any extra side help. Well, this plateau had me googling ideas for days and everywhere I read I see the same advice, make a change to your diet and exercise. This will be my change. My hope is that the challenge will help me get over the plateau and push me to eat cleaner long term.

I am impatiently waiting for my kit to arrive! It should be here today or Monday. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are currently or have previously taken the challenge. I would love to see everyone's progress and have support from others who understand the experience. :) My husband will be taking the challenge as well.
  • gonzang
    gonzang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So cool to see so much excitement about getting healthy! I agree with pp that the bigger fat loss come sin phase two, especially if you do the lean in 13. An dthe energy and metabolism boost is remarkable.

I am starting my 3rd 24DC today :)

Good luck, everybody.
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I am getting a little bored with my food selections. Other than that I am on target. I was so busy last week that I wasn't able to exercise much but I got most of my house organized. Yesterday was back in the pool for me. I am on day 14 and half way there. Otherwise, I feel great!

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • gonzang
    gonzang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite foods on or off Challenge is ground turkey chili. I do use canned diced tomatoes in it, but I think that's fine. Always seems to help with food boredom!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    Recipe please? Sounds delicious!
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am starting my last week of my Challenge. I feel trimmer but have not lost any numbers. I feel great though and will continue to use the MNS, Spark, and Shakes. Glad I found this group!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    Here are my results of the 24 day challenge! 9 pounds lost 10.75 inches lost!

559275_4219945578819_1975797673_n.jpg

295368_4219876777099_1517931344_n.jpg

168888_4219943258761_505300737_n.jpg

528097_4219875297062_1648137803_n.jpg

534919_4219944578794_2099768297_n.jpg

576191_4219874097032_1267455389_n.jpg
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome results!! I think I'm going to have to repeat the challenge. I've messed up something awful.
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    Thanks, MJ. I really liked the challenge. Before I started, I had already began eating the right kinds of foods so it was hard when I was restricted from eating things on burn days but I figured I could do it for 24 days. :) Now I am following my earlier healthy eating habits without restricting myself as much. I haven't lost anything more (yet) but have maintained. I would say it was definitely worth it.

How long have you been doing it?
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a total mess on this. I'm not at all eating right. I told my advisor that I just needed a personal chef, or to move out to Indiana with her. I totally feel like a failure.
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    You can always start over, MJ. I like what a friend said to me. "Every second is a new beginning." Here's to a new beginning. ;)
  • chazbauer
    Options
    Just started the 24dc today and looking forward to feeling better. I am at 367lbs and leaving for my first cruise in 28 days. Hoping to have energy and fun on the cruise.
  • stayfitchelle
    Options
    Thanks Tracy for sharing your photos!!! They encourage me to move forward with the challenge! I start May 14th! :)
  • RioMike
    RioMike Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best to you on the challenge! I'm seeing great results from so many that have been on it, including those in my own family.
  • pinkfirefly2
    Options
    I FINALLY found a group :D
    My first day was on Sunday (5.19.2013) for the 24 day challenge. My friend is a distributor and was the one who introduced me to the program a week ago. I lost 15lbs on my own when I started working...doing warehouse work...ugh.
    But since I started, I've lost 5 in 3 days. I have more energy. I am in love with Advocare...I'm looking forward to seeing my results at the end of the 24 days.
  • Tracyramos1220
    Options
    Thanks stayfitchelle. How did you like Advocare? How about you pinkfirefly2?
  • SariBeth314
    Options
    Hi all! I am on day 15 of the challenge but have been kind of stuck...I've lost 7 pounds and know I can lose a whole lot more than that! Any ideas or suggestions that have worked for you guys to jumpstart things back into gear?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am on day 15 of the challenge but have been kind of stuck...I've lost 7 pounds and know I can lose a whole lot more than that! Any ideas or suggestions that have worked for you guys to jumpstart things back into gear?

Just stick with it! Where you are now (the middle!) was the hardest part of the challenge for me.

I had already been losing weight prior to doing the challenge so I didn't have the monster numbers some people get (I lost 8.8 pounds total), but I've stuck with the products and generally the max phase eating plan and I continue to lose weight consistently.