Guys, please don't...

JanieJack
JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
... ask me if I remember how we met and would like I like to go to dinner...

when the way we met was you were dating my friend for months and were talking about possibly settling down. Two months ago.

Replies

• MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    WOW! :noway:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    hahaha oh geez!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    yikes!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    So you're not into guys with poor short term memory? It should make it easier to tell if they are lting to you.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Noted....
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member

when the way we met was you were dating my friend for months and were talking about possibly settling down. Two months ago.

The reason why men run so many lame lines and try to "date" you even if they have slept with your friend, sister , cousin etc., is there are SO many women who go for it and embrace it. For every scumbag guy tryin to get you to stoop to his level there are two women out there ready to jump down in the gutter with him
  • JanieJack
    The reason why men run so many lame lines and try to "date" you even if they have slept with your friend, sister , cousin etc., is there are SO many women who go for it and embrace it.

Yeah. The weaker (lonely) women ruin it for all of us.
  • JanieJack
    Oh, and I just got another email today... from a guy on Match that was "separated." I told him I don't do married guys.

He wrote back, "Apparently no one else does either. It might as well be called Rejection.com."

Like I'm supposed to feel sorry for him?
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Oh, and I just got another email today... from a guy on Match that was "separated." I told him I don't do married guys.

He wrote back, "Apparently no one else does either. It might as well be called Rejection.com."

He should have did what I did on match when I was separated 6 years ago . Lie. #Godaintthruwithmeyet
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member

Or when I was dating your friend a few short months ago... Worst and yet funniest drunk dial of all time:

"I know your're my best friend's ex-girlfriend, but... You can do better! I'm so much prettier than he is!" No joke. Oh boy.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,298 Member

LOL.. thats gold.

Gotta give both these guys A+ for effort! funny stuff.
  • JanieJack

It’s funny you wrote that, because yesterday I emailed the separated guy back, said too bad but that his correct usage of some rare word combinations (he wrote rather eloquently- though I can’t remember what he said exactly) had to at least count for something. He wrote back this morning offering me a free meal and exquisite conversation. Lol. Gotta admire his persistence. And his diction.

(DICTION, guys. I said DICTION…as in word choice, lol!)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member

He's not married. You can't hold someone back b/c of their past.
  • jill92787

It’s funny you wrote that, because yesterday I emailed the separated guy back, said too bad but that his correct usage of some rare word combinations (he wrote rather eloquently- though I can’t remember what he said exactly) had to at least count for something. He wrote back this morning offering me a free meal and exquisite conversation. Lol. Gotta admire his persistence. And his diction.

(DICTION, guys. I said DICTION…as in word choice, lol!)

It is a sad comment on our society that correct spelling and grammar combined with impressive diction are attractive qualities instead of assumed qualities. Sad, but oh so true.
  • jill92787

Separated is still married. It's the legal process of living apart to justify whether or not you want to get divorced or try to fix your marriage. Until those divorce papers are signed, filed, and processed, he's still married in my opinion.
  • JanieJack

Separated is still married. It's the legal process of living apart to justify whether or not you want to get divorced or try to fix your marriage. Until those divorce papers are signed, filed, and processed, he's still married in my opinion.

Um, yeah. Married isn't like body size where "average" in the eye of the beholder. Either you're married or you're not. I get it that lots of people date while “separated.” I’m just not one of them.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member

ahhh, technicality. that's what I'll call it. If you're to that point, then it's all but final (99% of the time). But you still can't count someone out. Sure, you don't have to get super serious, but what's it gonna hurt to at least try?

:D
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I dont know if this is just the case here (in UK) but some couples take YEARS to get officially divorced, if ever!! I know a couple of friends of mine aren't divorced after 10 years, and both are with other partners now. I think its a 'can't be bothered' or 'cant afford it' issue.

You can't even get divorced, without naming reasons, until you are 2 years separated?

Therefore, as long as a guy is 2 years apart from his ex wife/LT ex I feel ok about dating him. Any earlier than that and I think he's still emotionally attached and on the rebound.
  • jill92787
    Most states the longest you would have to wait is a year...and honestly if your marriage has been "over" for less than a year? You're not ready to be dating in most cases, at least not ME. If you can promise to love someone forever and move on that easily how am I supposed to trust you?
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Personally, I won't date anyone that went out or fooled around with any of my friends. Once I see 'her' with one of my bros, she is pretty much tainted for life.