How did you choose your activity level?

Options
lichensandseeds
lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
Hi!

Can some of you post examples of what you do each week and how you set your activity level? I know that this should be easy to figure out, but I feel like reading something like "light/ 1-3 times a week" doesn't have much meaning for me.

If there's already a thread like this somewhere, could you direct me to it?

Right now, for example, I walk to work each day (about 2.5 miles total, slow pace), I walk around town, and I sit at a desk for most of the day. I also run 2-4 times a week for 30-75 minutes each time. I'm thinking that this would be moderate, but I'm not sure and would love to hear some real-life examples.

Thanks friends!

Replies

• trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    I think the "number of times per week" of exercise is generally understood as 1-3 hours, 3-5 hours, etc. So, just add up your exercise/activity time and there you go. Moderate looks right for you based on what you noted. If you run 4x a week for 75 minutes plus your other stuff, that's probably stretching "moderate", so just be mindful of that and make adjustments if that amount of exercise becomes your average.

Personally I walk about 20-30 minutes a day or do 30 min of strength training about 4-5 days. With a desk job, I am set to Lightly Active. Sometimes I play tennis on the weekends and I will adjust my cals on those days only due to the high calorie burn.