In attempt to start the C25K program....

So on Monday I decided I needed to switch up my cardio because I stopped seeing weight loss. I thought the C25K plan would do the trick. I told myself well lets just see how far I can go. I picked a slow jogging pace and I actually ran the whole 30 minutes straight! (woo hoo!) 2.25 miles to be exact. Now my question is should I keep up this pace and hopefully see my speed increase or should I do the whole C25K program from the beginning? Thoughts.... :)

Replies

• shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    My thoughts are - since u can already run the 30min straight, the C25K might seem like a regression, especially if u start all over from the beginning. If I'm in ur situation, I'd continue running 30min and try covering more distance each time, pick up the pace in other words. But yep, that's just me & what I'd do... clearly no professional advice, considering I will just be doing W1D2 later after work :laugh:
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    If your goal is weight loss, I would definitely stick to 30 minutes and try to improve your speed.

I believe the most common advice I've seen in this regard would be interval training.