New to Group

Options
Hello everyone I have been on mfp for some time now, but today I decided to fully take advantage of this site. I am 27 5'7 and weigh 288 lbs. I have lossed 30 lbs so far and I have been slacking a lot latey; I really need some motivation and encouragement I am hoping to get that here. Hopefully I can be an encouragement to you as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• Tabimiller417
    Tabimiller417 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Im new to the group as well, although I have been a member of this site for a year now its very rare I get on any more!! :(
    BUT IM GONNA CHANGE THAT!.. (atleast Im determined to!)
    I started off around 216 after I had my daughter (early last year), & I am currently at 191.
    I am only 5'3 so although I have always been chubby (was in 170s before I had my 1st child at 20), I am setting my goal at 127 bc that is what is considered "healthy".. I have a huge problem with staying motivated.. It is really hard for me!
    I am only 24 but since I had my son in 2007 I have had depression, anxiety, & later I was diagnosed with ADHD/ADD (no surprise there!) and Borderline Personality Disorder (which is based on a fear of abandonment that seems to be more common w/ people who suffered from child abuse).. Anywho I take meds & although my last job was amazing I decided right after my daughter was born to be a SAHM, so now I am overwhelmed with feelings that I have to actually face & feel (unlike the 7 yrs where I was working full time & too busy & distracted to notice).. I have a bad habit of self criticism & feeling guilty which drives me again to overeat. I am an emotional eater & unfortunately for me I am very EMOTIONAL. lol.
    I was never taught how to eat healthy nor my mama never bought fruit/vegs or any kind of low fat food.. therefore my family is predominately overweight/obese but for some reason they all live to be in their 100s..
    It is a very important goal of mine to have healthy & happy children, luckily they seem to have their daddys jeans (my husband is 6'4 & 170lbs) so they are pretty long & lean.. I think thats another obstacle I hace to overcome, my husband has been tryna gain weight his whole life while Ive been tryna lose it! So its not so easy for me to cook lean, low fat, healthy, foods without feeling like a bad wife for not feeding my husband enough fat! lol.
    I am on a Huge mission right now (Ive been on it for awhile but have never been completely committed)
    I am currently taking classes online, so I am trying to get more organized & manage my time more effectively while scheduling time each day to prepare nutritious meals, clean house, exercise, play w/ my kids, stay caught up on my classes, stay up to date with the budget & bills, coupon/shop around for best deals to save money, while also trying to answer 200 questions a day my 4 yr old asks, change 8-11 diapers a day my daughter messes in, bathe myself & my children, & sometimes when I have time take them to the park.. one could say I am doing to much but to me these goals are all equally important & so I am not able to focus on just one.. SO let me quit procrastinating on my homework at 1:47am bc I have to fit sleep in there also (blah!)..
    Good luck & God Bless! :)
    Tabitha