Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Had a tasty dessert

fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Those Skinny Cow ice cream sammiches are damn tasty.

But crap, its 8:40pm and I am still short 300 calories for the day :(

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter right before bed makes me sleep like a baby ;)

I looooooooove skinny cow!!
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    PB is a good idea, high in calories for a small amount, I just worry about all the fat it has.
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    PB is a good idea, high in calories for a small amount, I just worry about all the fat it has.

that is good fat
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Guys, have you ever heard of trans fats or mono diglycerides or hydrogenated oils? I plan to blog on it on the EM2WL site when up but do a google search on "Hydrogenated oils silent killers".

Though things are low cal, low fat or can even be full all of those, it may still not be good for our bodies. I will spare the details but nothing with the aforementioned passes my lips.

Please take a moment to read that article, it changed the way I eat.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Are you saying that Peanut Butter is one of those foods?
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    It depends on which pb you buy. Look at the labels and don't buy anything with hydrogenated oils in the ingredients. Usually the natural ones don't have it.
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    PB = Icing Sugar unless you get Organic, nothing but nuts PB. Be really careful & read the label... if it's your treat - sure whatever... but I've heard of people claiming PB as a protein source... yikes. :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Just got back from the grocery store and yep, I read the label~EEEEEK!!! I had NO idea!!

I bought the Organic......

(just when I finally allowed myself to have PB.....)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Organic is the only way to roll these days on stuff like jellies, PB ect.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    I used to eat JIF "Natural" thinking it was healthier. Then I saw palm oil in the ingredients! I started eating pure PB (i.e., the ingredients list says "peanuts" and nothing else), and now I think all the other PBs taste gross. Amazing how our palates change :smile:
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    I was surely about to freak out. I like PB.. So I was eating Jif Reduced Fat then I changed to Smart Balance Omega 3 All Natural. So just ran to kitchen and grab it to see ingredients. On it says

Quick Facts:

All Natural
    No Hydrogenated Oils
    Naturally Sweetened
    No refined Sugar
    0g Trans Fat
    Excellent Source of Omega-3 ALA.

So I am assuming its good!!! was a little scared being that I eat it almost everyday. :)