HRM - Suggestions???

TiffyChick
TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
I am thinking I definitely need to get a HRM. I am not looking to spend more than about $65. I'm hoping to find a good one on EBAY. WIth that said, what are your suggestions for good HRM's, whether in my price-range or not? And what kind of bells and whistles are nice to have and which ones aren't really necessary or that beneficial overall?

Thanks for the help! : )

Replies

• scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    I think polar has a one for around that range. Do not go for one of the cheap brands you might as well not get one if you buy a cheap brand. Polar is pretty respected and I would go for that in that price range.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    I have a polar f4 and it is all I need. You set it with age, sex, height, weight and I think you set your fat burning zones. Once you press stop the summary gives up, date,duration, time in the fat burning zone, average hr, max hr, calories burnt. It has a chest infrared monitor which registers with the machines at gym too but I take no notice of the machines. Oh and my trainer can pick it up too so he makes sure I'm "high".

Good luck shopping:smile:
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Thank you for the help - Polar it is! : )
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Polars work like a champ, I have a Polar FT7 and love it.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    I have the FT7 and love it so simple to use :)
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Polar ft4!!!
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Polart FT40 ;)
  • listabit
    listabit Posts: 28 Member
    I have the timex ironman triathalon watch/hrm that came with a heart rate strap. I really like it - it's the second one I bought (the first got wet too much in the ocean and broke.). I bought a cheaper replacement, but sent it back and re-bought this. It is a digital watch with alarm and chronograph (stopwatch) features. The chest strap is very reliable. I highly recommendmit. Bought it on amazon for about $65.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    I have a Polar. It is an older one - no idea of the model. Super easy to use. I was worried that I'd have to google for an instruction manual after pulling it out of a drawer it'd been shoved in for years. Nope - super easy to use and adjust settings. Love it!