30s Daily - 5/10

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
(G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Grr, I've woken up just absolutely starving this morning! I've eaten a huge breakfast already and I feel like I could have more. Worst part is I have to sit in some goofy mandatory day long training today and won't be able to eat except on designated breaks. Me becoming a hangry person today is highly likely.....
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I made it through boot camp and I still have all of my limbs! I even made it to the park for a short, very short walk (1 lap).

Am I the oldest person in the 30 something group? (I'm knocking on 38 really hard:grumble: ) Dang! I just realized that I will be a cougar in a few more years! I'm going to be a :smokin: cougar! :laugh:

Let me stop it and dod some work!

Enjoy your day!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Dang! Why didn't I put that as one of my goals?! Smokin' cougar! :bigsmile: Me likes.

Hangry . . . that's awesome. :laugh: That describes me perfectly when I'm really hungry . . .

C25K last night at the gym - my shins were hating me. The rest of me could've run a lot more . . . must figure out how to keep the shins happy so that I may run more . . . I did throw in a couple of extra minutes of running at the very end. I couldn't help myself. Dog Days are Over by Florence + The Machine came on my iPod and that song MAKES me want to RUN!

I think 5 days off from weights is PLENTY of rest. Now instead of being intimidated by the exercises, I'm eager to try them. I believe stage 2 starts tomorrow. :happy:

I'm takin' a half day tomorrow for Todd's birthday - we're gonna hit the gym together after lunch. Yay! Then showers, dinner, cake, and The Avengers! (with popcorn)

Happy Friday Eve, all!!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Hangry, I love it!

My sweetie sent me flowers to work for our anniversary :heart: He's never done that before, I was so surprised!

Susan - get new shoes. Seriously it helps! And practice tracing the alphabet (didn't you tell me that???), I do it after every run now. Ooh, I'll have to add that song to my running queue.

Curlypep- I'm not far behind you at 36, and I'm determined to look fierce too!

Good day today :smile: I'm looking forward to sushi and wine tonight :bigsmile:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options

I'm takin' a half day tomorrow for Todd's birthday - we're gonna hit the gym together after lunch. Yay! Then showers, dinner, cake, and The Avengers! (with popcorn)

Enjoy The Avengers, it's awesome :smile:

Hiya guys, felt strange not posting on the message boards yesterday. Did anyone miss me :wink:? Yesterday was not a great day. From and exercise and diet day it was very much business as usual. My job right now though is really terrible and I've had enough. I can't come home tired, angry and miserable every day after i get married. It wouldn't be fair on my wife! So once I'm a married man i'll leave my job of the last 14 years and move in with my wife to be. It's not a choice I've taken lightly but it's something that needs to happen for my sanity.
    Tonight also see's me start phase 2 of my weight loss plan. I've lost enough fat now and it's time to start gaining muscle. I'm a little scared about it to be frank because it will mean upping my calorie intake. This goes against everything I've been doing to get to this point. Going to sit down tonight with my trainer and come up with a plan.
    Hope everyone has a good day :-)
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am finally back at it. I was sick with the flu for over a week and even after that went away my throat was sore. Too bad I did not lose my appetite enough to drop some lbs. I did gain but only 3 pounds that will be gone soon. The problem is I am now back at it with only 6 days before we go to the Bahamas. I wanted to drop 10 pounds more by now. I am happy enough that I am not embarrassed to take off my shirt at the beach but I was hoping the 6-pack would be having me wanting to take it off ;).

Over the next week I am going hard core. I will lose between 7 and 10 pounds! I dropped my calories down to 1200 and plan to make that a reality through exercise. My goal is 1 hour bike ride/1,000 calorie burn each day in addition to continuing on with my weight lifting routine. Wish me luck! I am going to also try to post here every day to help motivate me not to fall short. Stats for today below, look for them everyday!

6'2"
    morning weight 230 pounds
    Exercise: 1 hour bike ride/1,050 calories burned, Weight Lifting for 60 minutes
    Calories so far 410 (Breakfast and Lunch) should have no problem with 790 for dinner.

Calories yesterday 1,250 (No cardio 60 minutes of lifting weights)
  • shorty313
    Options
    Paul - I did think about you today and wonder where you'd gotten to! I'm a bit confused, do you live at your job, or are you just separated from your fiance by distance? Any prospects for what you will be doing next? Sounds like an exciting time!

Getripped - Wow, that's a lot to lose in a short time!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Paul - I did think about you today and wonder where you'd gotten to! I'm a bit confused, do you live at your job, or are you just separated from your fiance by distance? Any prospects for what you will be doing next? Sounds like an exciting time!

Oh well thank you Debbie, i was just kidding with that whole did you miss me thing. So many really nice people in this group. My fiance and i live apart I'm afraid. She's a teacher and she lives about an hour away from me. We get together at weekends and she spends holidays with me. I have to live near my job because of the nature of the thing. Fish need water to survive so it's a constant fight to keep them alive some days. That's what makes the job so stressful. Well that and my boss who must have gone to some sort of finishing school for people who want to insult other people. My fiance is Australian and we plan to move there in 2013. When we get there i have an idea of what I'd like to do. I've gotten to know my trainers pretty well during my weight loss journey and i see the difference they make. That's what i'd like to do. I've lived the life and have been on the journey and i think i have the drive and the people skills to do that. Well that's the plan anyway.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Forecast was for a high-burn day - and it was! The estimate is about 900 calories burnt through moving "stuff", cleaning and Zumba. Really warm class tonight, still red in the face 90 minutes later!! I also spent a good while picking up Lego from the boys' bedroom floor - mystified as to how they had any to play with before, as there was SO much under DS2's bed! Just the kitchen floor to mop and the bathroom to clean (tomorrow morning's jobs!) and most of the house will be ship-shape! I'll have a good deficit today, as I'll be lucky to eat 50% of the calories back :happy:

Paul - I totally get the living near the job stuff as my DH is a poultry farmer and we live in a cottage next to the farm. That way, if there are any "issues" with the birds, he is on the spot to go and sort it out, anytime of the day or night. (I've got used to being woken at 3am by an alarm which turns out to be a malfunctioning sensor - at least 3 or 4 times a year, for the past 8 years!) Moving to Oz sounds really exciting - I hope everything works out for you. I think you'd be a good personal trainer - and it's an expanding market.

Curlypep - I am four and half months away from 38. It sounds far too close to 40 for my liking! :wink:
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Curlypep - I am four and half months away from 38. It sounds far too close to 40 for my liking! :wink:

Clareeast: I'm 6 days away from 38! Some days my knees feel 40! :laugh:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi all! I've been super busy at work this week and when I come home, I don't feel like doing anything. I am exhausted and sick :( Only worked out 1 day this week and then I got a migraine that lingered, which was followed by knee, back and foot pain from all the extra hrs at work :( Today I woke up with a sore throat :sick: This is the worst week to be sick! I am working over 60 hrs total this week, b/c of Mother's Day :yawn: Didn't eat all that much past 2 days since I have been sooo busy. Well, hope everyone has a nice rest of the week! I probably won't be posting much until after the weekend is over, since I will be working over 35 hrs in the next 3 days! :ohwell:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Paul-that's great that you have gotten inspired by your trainers and want to pursue that! I would secretly really like to go back to school to become a nutritionist. I made a deal with myself that I had to be able to pay cash for it, though. I've got a huge student loan debt from my MBA that I just started repaying last year and I can't stand to add more to it! At any rate, sounds like you've got the light at the end of the tunnel for getting out of the stressful job that's good at least.

I'm concerned I've done something odd to the front of my left leg. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, it almost feels like when you have a really tight knot in your neck that hurts when you touch it except it hurts when I don't touch it. My ankle is also a bit sore. Hopefully I haven't overdone it. I added back a lot of cardio all at once and that may have been a bad idea. Ugh, I'm going for a glass of wine, that' sure to help :drinker:
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Many thanks to Clare and Ellie for the support and the kind words. It's interesting to me that other people in industries similar to mine go through the same problems and issues. It's now looking like I'm going to have to stay for another year before i can be free. Hating my job is all fine and good but it's the money side of things that causes the problem. As much as I'd love to move in with my fiance it would kill us from a financial point of view. It would be a terrible idea to head down under without a safety net to get us started. Oz will be a new start for me and my plan to become a trainer covers all my bases so to speak. There is still light at the end of my tunnel and it's getting brighter by the day. I just have to keep fighting and not lose focus of what i want in life. To be healthy happy and wake up every morning next to my partner with a smile on my face. Horribly cliched i know but it's the horrible cliches that turn out to be true!
    Well it's a new day which means another day of work to get ready for. I hope everyone has a good one :-) and thanks again.