NROLFW really sets the stage…

Options
DarkAngellEyes
DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
Let me first start by saying I have not yet completed the full 7 stages, but I just wanted to share a few of my thoughts about this program anyways…

I started NROLFW around the end of December 2011. Between late December and April 2012 I worked my way through stages 1, 2 and 3 of NROLFW. I you-tube’d moves to make sure I was getting the correct form; I increased my weights at steady increments (and scaled them back down when I felt my form slipping) and consulted all you wonderful ladies in this group when I was struggling or had questions. I lost *maybe* 2 lbs and a couple inches in that time frame… but I saw my progress several times over in another way.

As many of you know, I decided to take a break from NROL after Stage 3 because I had an opportunity to try a month of CrossFit at a seriously discounted rate that I just couldn’t pass up! I am now about 2 and a half weeks into crossfit and I have to say these are some of the toughest and most intense workouts I’ve ever tried – and I owe my confidence and ability to push through them to NROL.

Several of the moves incorporated into Crossfit are ones I did during the first few stages in NROL – squats, deadlifts, pushups, step ups, push presses, and some others. I definitely felt like I had a leg-up on some of the other crossfit “newbies” since I was already familiar with these moves, correct form, and my strength was at a point where I was able to jump right into putting some weight onto the bar (I deadlifted 115 lbs last night btw – a new personal record!).

The ab workouts from NROL strengthened my core to the point where I am able to have proper balance and form during kettlebell swings and rope planks – the NROL HIIT intervals helped me be able to keep up with the 400 or 800 meter sprints and tabata moves that are incorporated into some of the Workout of the Days that Im doing now…. And I could go on!

I guess the real reason I wanted to post this was to give a bit of encouragement to those that might be struggling with not seeing results as fast as you would like with this program… even if the pounds aren’t melting off or the tape measure isn’t dropping full inches in one-week increments or that six pack or defined arm muscles have yet to make an appearance – just know that you ARE making progress.

This program WILL increase your strength and change your body – And you WILL see a difference in one form or another.

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that! I needed to hear that this morning. I did workout 2B last night and am so frusterated with myself because I am SO WEAK!!! And I know it is going to take time but it still gets to me sometimes you know.

Congrats on your progress! I'm glad to know that things will get better and I will get better if I stick with it.
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You are SO right!

The other day in my yoga class I was able to do a move that I have been wanting to do for YEARS!! Credit to those arm strengtheners and planks for sure!!!

I think back to where I started with my HIIT and the progress I've made there... It's so much more than just numbers on a scale (down 5) and numbers on a tape measure (5 inches over all & 2.5 off my waist!!!)... Although... I do love those numbers too! LOL
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This makes me so excited to get started!! :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your personal best deadlift!!! :)

And thanks for the encouragement. I was a little frustrated with my workout this morning (b/c I was only able to add weight to 1 move, and had to switch to lower weights on 1), but I can feel & see that change is happening, so it's always good to hear a reminder to stick with it.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything you have posted, DarkAngel. I am *learning* so much (about my own body) as I move through NROL4W - and that education, in-and-of-itself, is a GREAT, GREAT THING!