New here - what to eat?

Options
kristinx
kristinx Posts: 5 Member
So I have been reading up on eating more to weigh less. it makes complete sense and I am pretty sold on the idea after years of yo yo dieting.

My TDEE cut 20% is about 2200 cals and I am just getting exercise but will eat back any exercise cals. This blows my mind.

I have no idea how to eat this many calories without eating junk. How do I do this in a healthy way? What are some of your staple foods?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    If you eat full fat versions of things, lots of protein and good fats, the calories add up quickly!!

Here are some things I eat on a regular basis that take up my calories:

greek yogurt with all bran buds
    peanut butter and banana or apple
    a smoothie or protein shake
    protein bar
    chocolate milk
    almonds or other nuts

I use butter and olive oil.

I have 3 filling meals and a few snacks from the above things I listed.

My breakfasts are usually eggs with salsa and ham mixed in or protein pancakes (you can find recipes online).
    Lunch I usually have a wrap or sandwich with fruit.
    Dinner-different every night. Some nights pasta, some nights lean protein and salad, casseroles, meat and potatoes etc. I just eat regular food and watch my portions/make sure they fit into my calories for the day. If I am way under then I add in an extra snack.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    So I have been reading up on eating more to weigh less. it makes complete sense and I am pretty sold on the idea after years of yo yo dieting.

My TDEE cut 20% is about 2200 cals and I am just getting exercise but will eat back any exercise cals. This blows my mind.

I have no idea how to eat this many calories without eating junk. How do I do this in a healthy way? What are some of your staple foods?

If you have accurately calculated your TDEE then you already figured in your activity level which means you shouldn't eat back your exercise calories unless you go below your BMR with your burns.
  • kristinx
    kristinx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My TDEE was calculated based on a sedentary activity level. I don't have a set workout schedule (just try to fit it in when I can!) so I figure I can just add those calories in when I do get a workout in. I assumed it would work out the same?