Bloating?

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
Good Morning!

Pray ALL are doing well!!

Just thought I'd share:

By Natalie Vavricka Reviewed by QualityHealth's Medical Advisory Board

No matter how dedicated you've been to your diet and exercise routine, bloating can still strike.

According to the National Institutes of Health, it's more common among people who have intestinal disorders-such as Crohn's disease or irritable bowel syndrome-but it can affect anyone. Whether it originates from dehydration or consuming certain foods, no one likes it. Here, seven ways to banish bloat.

1. Drink Up. Water, that is. Contrary to popular belief, bloating is not a result of consuming too much water-in fact, it's just the opposite. If you're dehydrated, your body actually holds onto water, increasing puffiness and bloating. Drinking water also helps prevent constipation by helping flush waste out of your system and keeping your digestive tract moving. Aim to drink at least eight glasses (64 ounces) daily, and try to steer clear (or at least limit your intake) of alcohol; it acts as a diuretic.

2. Move Your Body. Exercise helps gas pass through the digestive tract more quickly, so you'll experience relief faster. If you don't feel like moving much, start with a 15-minute walk. Even something so simple could work wonders.

3. Avoid Artificial Sweeteners. Sorbitol and maltitol are commonly used sugar substitutes that can cause gas and bloating. If you're addicted to diet soda or sugarless gum, you might want to try to kick your habit-especially if you need to fit into your skinny jeans. An added bonus to kicking your cola habit?

Less carbonation equals less bloating.

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY! :smile:

Replies

• vanderandkarl
    Options
    great post another good thing for bloating is peppermint capsules or just peppermint tea or cordial
  • jessiesunshine
    Options
    Good Tips.. I think the artificial sweeteners and the low water were what were causing me to put on water weight. Thanks SO much!!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • 1stladygigi
    1stladygigi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • fdixie
    fdixie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good information!