Problem with Early Morning Workouts....Help!

Options
dmcw19
dmcw19 Posts: 129
I was so happy to do my first 5 am workout today. I used to strength train at home, but now that I am in need of different equipment, I am going to the gym. Getting up at 4 am was not my issue, surprisingly since I am not a morning person. My problem is that I am starving. I had my normal light protein shake before the workout and then had a protein bar after. I am always very hungry after a workout. I is now 9:30 and I am hungry for my lunch, which I normally have at 10:30. I can just sense that the way this day is going, I am going to be hungry without calories left.
Does anyone have any suggestions for working out super early and keeping appetite in check? I do not forsee that going to bed earlier will happen, so this is not an option.

Replies

• scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was so happy to do my first 5 am workout today. I used to strength train at home, but now that I am in need of different equipment, I am going to the gym. Getting up at 4 am was not my issue, surprisingly since I am not a morning person. My problem is that I am starving. I had my normal light protein shake before the workout and then had a protein bar after. I am always very hungry after a workout. I is now 9:30 and I am hungry for my lunch, which I normally have at 10:30. I can just sense that the way this day is going, I am going to be hungry without calories left.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for working out super early and keeping appetite in check? I do not forsee that going to bed earlier will happen, so this is not an option.

I have the same issue. When I workout early I am pretty much hungry all day. I think this means i'm burning more throughout the day, which is good.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    when i do a really good lift session, i am ravenous for the next 2 days, so it doesn't really matter the time of day. i lifted this morning, so i already know i will be feeding the beast today...a lot. my last lifting was done at night, and i woke up insanely starving the next morning and stayed that way through to the next evening. it's just how lifting effects me. it may settle down some as i get more used to lifting maybe...i dunno. for now, i've found that i just have to eat more on those days. i will probably go all the way to TDEE today (and tomorrow) if it is anything like last time. so, i recommend just eating more and just making sure that it's healthy stuff. your body apparently needs it.