Trending down but now back up

Options
justagirl2013
justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
I've been tracking my weight daily on the Hacker's Diet and at the beginning I was trending upwards, kind of leveled out, then went down, but now I'm trending back up.

This week has been a crazy, stressful week for me. I also haven't been getting the the gym this week or last week very much due to "life". I had to close my diary for reasons, but if you want to glance, send me a friend request and I can let you see it.

If anyone wants to view, here is my "name" : Xi Parkhurst

Does anyone have any input? Just let it go? This is day 25 I believe.

Replies

• katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but I would give it at least another week. I find that I hold water like a camel when I've had a higher stress week.
    Maybe keep an eye on your water intake, (keep it high), and try to find some 'me time' to relax, even if it's as simple as a few minutes of quiet time.
    Good luck! Hope the trend turns around!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Okay, I took a look at your diary and looks like you're eating your calories and eating healthy so I don't think that's an issue. I forgot to look at your water intake but I always try to get in at least 11-12 glass of fluids a day (including 1-2 glasses of milk and 1 cup of green tea).

As far as your chart, I looked at that and the last 2 days you've stayed the same. Your weight is still down from where it was last Thursday so you're not trending too much upwards.

I think not getting to the gym, as well as the life in general type of stress, may be affecting your weight somewhat. If you can, try to take 10-15 minute breaks here and there and go for a quick walk. That will give you some cardio and help with the stress level. Make sure to get 6-8 hours of sleep a night, too.

Hang in there!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think you need to let it go.

You said you have been stressed and didn't get to the gym etc. All of these things can impact the scale.

Also, I know I don't lose every week. Hormones can affect the scale too.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Stress throws things way off in our body!

Let it go, and yes, take a moment to yourself to relax...get back to working out when you can, but don't stop being consistent with your intake!
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I hated to post this and run, but I was headed out of town. I thought I would have time to read MFP, hah!

I feel much better now. I had 4 days of just relaxation, tons of food consumed, and sleep! Did a bit of swimming and lots of walking, but I'm not tracking it. I easily went over by 500 calories the last few days, and I'm up a pound, to be expected honestly! I actually feel like I gained more.

I need to work on more water, I drink about 80 oz per day, but this weekend I hardly drank any liquids of any sort (uh well some alcohol...). That is my personal goal this week, to hit 100oz each day. I think I may need to start building that ark now ;)

So now, I'm ready to get back into this and continue on.