Healthy Recipes & Snacks

Options
I thought it would be nice to have a place to share recipes (either typed out or linked to a web site). If you have ideas for healthy snacks, please share those too. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 1SweetClementine
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is frozen grapes. The texture satisfies me, and it takes longer to eat each one frozen than not. Mmmmm. It makes a good dessert too.
  • biasbabe
    biasbabe Posts: 3
    Options
    I also cut up a cup of strawberries and sprinkle with splenda and then mix well and put in a ziploc. When I am ready for something sweet and cold I get the bag out of the freezer and mix it with a sliced banana.
  • AngieQue
    AngieQue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of raw chopped veggies and either Greek yogurt or hummus. I have a sweet tooth, but most of my snacking is a craving for crunchy and salty, so radishes and bell peppers are my go-to healthy snack. I keep a container of chopped vegetables in the refrigerator, so it is easy to grab. I also keep pistachios and almonds on hand.

And kale chips are easy and delicious.

I echo the frozen fruit idea, although blueberries are my favorite. Sometimes I puree strawberries and a banana and make popsicles of them. Same with fresh squeezed lemons, limes, oranges. Great popsicles. :happy:
  • MsVJP
    MsVJP Posts: 11
    Options
    I like to cut up an apple then sprinkle Stevia and cinnamon on it. Microwave it for 3-4 minutes. Tastes yummy! I am also a BIG fruit smoothie drinker. Frozen fruit, Vanilla Stevia, a splash of Fat Free Milk, and some Fage Yogurt. Blend and drink. Yummy....