hello New in the group

Options
Hi,
I am Peter and I am new to the group and new to having diabetes, I was recently diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes. I have to admit it has been rough , they are having issues with finding the right med balance , ended up in hospital once already . But I am learning I keep telling myself once a routine is in place it will be easier.......right it gets easier right? So I just wanted to say hi to you all.

Replies

• Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    It will absolutely get easier!! I have not had to go on meds, and my goal is to stay off them as long as I can. Once you start losing the pounds and they get your meds dialed in...you will be driven to improve everyday. Welcome once again....and good luck on your journey.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's tough at first but it does get easier. It takes a bit of trial and error to find what does and doesn't work for you, but once you figure it out it all pretty much becomes second nature. Just take it one day at a time and you'll be amazed at the progress you can make.
  • Peter3465
    Peter3465 Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks for the advice it is so good to know you are not alone out there. Sometimes a little support makes the difference
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It does take a while to figure out what works. As you figure out your eating and exercise it is likely to change again, for the better. Sorry you had to join us but glad you found us.
  • Peter3465
    Peter3465 Posts: 20
    Options
    thank you
  • Gbelk1
    Gbelk1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It does get easier and you are correct it is about routine. It is all about life style not what you cannot eat. I learned a long time ago to learn what I can and want to eat and the other stuff is a non issue. Your exercise routine will also be vital. Find what is fun for you and do it. Good luck and if you are looking for friends on your journey you may add me.
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I found out I have type 2 just a few months ago.My diet, weight, health, and outlook has improved quickly since then. Shoot, I'm probably the healthiest person in my family now!
    I found that the more I educated myself, the easier it becomes. It sucks, but you arent alone.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    hi peter
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hey Peter,

I'm also Type 2 and have decided to take this thing by the horns and wrassle it to the ground into submission. My endocrinologist seriously feels I can get to where with weight loss and good diet/exercise I can get off any meds for this. That is a great win for me In my book.

Feel free to add me as a friend for support if you like.