New to the group & I need help

Options
Hi everyone! I just learned that the reason I may be struggling so much with weight loss is because I'm not eating enough! My calorie intake should be 1,538 and I have been eating 1,200 cals and working out 3-4 times a week mostly cardio and i dont usually eat back my calories that I've burned off. Can you guys please give me some tips, especially regarding how to reach my calorie goal without eating "BAD" foods. HELP PLEASE!!

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    First off go read the stickies at the beginning of the group this will help you determine your BMR and TDEE. On eating foods there is no such thing as "BAD" food as long as you eat it in moderation. And plan it into your calorie and macro goal. But for some ideas of ways to up your calories first off don't buy anything low fat or non fat. So by full fat cheese, yogurt, etc. Nuts, nut butters, use olive oil or coconut oil to cook with. All of these things have good things for you and are calorie dense.
  • nolababy504
    Options
    Thanks, I already calculated my BMR & TDEE, but which one will help me to better determine how many calories I should eat, I have been hearing different things. So the main thing is eating in moderation but making sure i eat all of my calories and exercise....ok I'm going to give this a go and pray it's the answer to my prayers!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Eat your TDEE -15% to start. That should give you enough of a deficit. Your TDEE already includes exercise cals, so you don't need to eat them back.

Definitely reset your macros, as well. As long as you are hitting those, your eating will naturally fall into place, while eating what works for you :wink:

EM2WL is all about individuality, and has eaters from all walks of life, so there is nothing that we declare BAD because what's bad for one (i.e.gluten or meat, etc) may be just fine for another. So no matter what your eating style is, there are ways to make it work for you. If it fits your *macros* (not just your cals), then you're good to go :drinker:

Kiki
  • CurvyGirl6577
    CurvyGirl6577 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SO hold up! My TDEE came up to over 4000. Are yall saying i'm supppose to eat 4000 calories a day which includes exercise? Or am I suppose to be subtracting from that 4000 number