zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
Stats (last I checked)

Height: 65.5 inches

Weight: 170.5
BF %: 32.1

If I go by the book:

BMR: 1348
Non lift day: 1618 + 300 (I breastfeed )
Lift day: 1887 + 300

Freedieting:

BMR: 1505
Non lift day: 1806 + 300 (I breastfeed )
Lift day: 2107 + 300

Fat2Fit

BMR: 1509
Non lift day: 1811 + 300 (I breastfeed )
Lift day: 2113 + 300

or if I go by my goal weight TDEE

lift day: 1943 + 300 (I breastfeed )
Lift day: 2190 + 300

Scooby

BMR: 1496
Calories : 2319 + 300

All but scooby has me at 1.2 and 1.4. Scooby has me at 1.6 regardless of my age. It also has me eating that everyday.

I know some of these are very similar, but I have OCD and it is wreaking havoc on me were these numbers are concerned.

Any help would be great.

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    It's all very confusing! Can I ask which one you've been working to so far, and what the result has been?
  • zukkiz
    Options
    I've been doing the Fat2Fit the first part. I don't know if I have lost, because I won't weigh until Saturday. I am seeing a difference in my firearms and my strength. I had to put the scale up, because I'm a habitual weigher, and I didn't want to focus on that.

The reason I asked is because I am so hungry on non lift days. I am just wondering if I am burning more for breastfeeding than I account for. Last week I had a 2500 day on y lift day, and had so much milk for him.
  • zukkiz
    Options
    Bump
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, you've experienced The Hunger!

To be honest with you, when The Hunger gets me, I obey it and eat until it has gone - it is so intense, I don't feel I can do anything else. This means I very often go way over my calorie allowance - I have been known to eat as much as 3000 calories a day! Although I have fluctuated a lot on this program (and I think you should be prepared for that too), I have only put on one pound altogether, and I'm hoping that is muscle. I really think you should listen to your body as far as possible, rather than the scales (IMHO they are evil!). If you have real, deep hunger, your body is giving you a clear message. I'd say try to have the calorie allowance as a general guideline rather than a strict requirement; if it's difficult to abandon, could you work to a weekly rather than a daily number?
  • zukkiz
    Options
    I think I can do that. It's funny I am craving all the good stuff, so I am happy about that.

Thanks so much, you have helped me a lot!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about breastfeeding or calories burned. And, it makes me nervous that there isn't data in NROL4W to specifically address breastfeeding moms....but, if you are doing NROL4W, I'd try and go by there calculations.

Try things for 1 week and if it isn't working, go up by 100 calories, per day for another week. Re-think it. Go up by another 100 calories per day for 1 week. Re-think it.

It is *your* body and you are simply learning about how *your* body adapts to various changes/stressors on it.
  • zukkiz
    Options
    Thanks, Beeps.

I weighed and measured yesterday just to see what was going on. (I will do it officially tomorrow, since that will be two days after my last lift day) Anyhow I was done a half pound from last week, 1 pound total since I started NROLFW, and down an inches on my waist and ribcage, and I believe about half of inch on my hips. I will check officially tomorrow.

What it did was show me that I am headed the right way. I am starting my third week tomorrow and have set my calories for 2054 everyday to be consistent. I then add 300 for breastfeeding.

I am pretty sure this is going to work for me. In two weeks I will know more.