Only two sets?

Options
beckyinma
beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
I started stage 1 this morning, but I'm wondering why it is only two sets. Either I wasn't lifting heavy enough for it to make a difference or I'm doing something wrong. Felt like there should've been more sets than two of each item.... I didn't figure for it to take me only 30 minutes to get through it. Also, what can make the prone jackknives more challenging? I mean, I liked them, they just seemed a little light.......Thanks ev1!

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Maybe I underestimated my strength and need to go heavier next time, which means a trip to the used equipment store...
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    They start you out low and slow to make sure you have proper form and get your body ready for heavier and more intense lifting. As you move up the stages it will get more challenging. As for the Jack knives, I always just did regular (butt way up in the air) jack knives instead of the prone.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    You should be lifting to fatigue - even at 2 sets. So, if your last rep is too *easy*, you NEED to up your weights the next set.

And so on. And so on.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You have only 2 sets with a lot of reps, so you don't go too heavy on weight before you learn proper form. If you are comfortable with form and heavier weight then go for it.
    The jackknives-if you do pikes it will be harder-toes on ball, butt way up in the air and legs straight.
    Do a warm up-5-10 min. on all muscles to get your body ready for the workout and a stretch at the end-so you are not super sore the next day and your workouts will be a bit longer.