Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HOW DO I DO THIS?! HELP PLEASE EAT MORE CALORIES

secretgirl4611
secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
Ok, so yes, I am a huge fan of food!! I love it all really...
Um, when I started this weight journey this year Jan.15.2012 I started at 140 and my goal weight is: 120
I thought for sure when I reached 4 months I would be at my goal weight and that has not happened.... :(
Ok, so far I only have a 4 pound loss and my goal is to lose 20 pounds that's all I really have to lose..

and this is me: I workout intense workouts anywhere from 5-6days per wk for 40 min. each time and no its never easy..
I am taking on the Insanity challenge and I just started it 2 wks ago..then when im done with that I plan on doing Insanity with weights
But my main thing is the whole "eating thing" I MUST BE DOING IT WRONG:(
AT FIRST I STARTED, I HAD CUT DOWN MY CALORIES CUZ I THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO, AND IT WORKED I LOST 5 POUNDS THE FIRST MONTH...THEN, I gained it all back my 2nd month...
Ok, so Now Im hearing ppl say about TDEE and BMR... So I did some research and I'm still learning all this but if it says eat more I'm all for it!!!

But how do I do it???
Can someone help me???
I want to lose a pound per wk... and heres all my info:

weight: 139 (but sometimes it says 137 cuz of water weight gain and loss i think)
goal weight:120
height: 5'2
I live a sedentary life style on my butt all day "UNLESS ITS WORKOUT TIME! THEN I GO HARD WORKING OUT FOR 40MIN. per day sometimes 2x a day...

so, if ne one can help me figure out how much calories to consume that would be amazing!!

I CAN USE NE HELP FOR REALS I KINDA GRASP THE CONCEPT BUT ALL THE MATH AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT I HAVE NO FREAKIN CLUE....

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Use the website above and plug in your information and it will give you your calories to eat per day. But since you don't have that much to lose don't expect lose it uber fast. So focus on how toned you're getting instead of the numbers on the scale!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Your BMR comes out to 1326. Your TDEE is 2056 (what you should eat when you're maintaining). Your daily calorie goal for weight loss is 1748. That's choosing moderate activity level. I wonder with how much you're working out if you'd be at a higher activity level, but I wasn't sure. So you might need to adjust that if you feel like you don't have enough food to fuel your workouts. Always look at your net calories - especially since you probably have some high burn days. Your net should always be at least 1326. Eat up to a couple hundred over net on days you have high burns. Does that make sense?
  • secretgirl4611
    Thanks ^ um, prob around 1900 then I think.. would that be 1900 + with exercise calories added too or no?
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Thanks ^ um, prob around 1900 then I think.. would that be 1900 + with exercise calories added too or no?

No you just eat 1900 calories every day even when you don't work out.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    I was confused until I watched Lucia's YouTube video- it explains how to get your TDEE. I think the link is on her page.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Also, read the sticky about what to expect when upping your calories.

I would not plan on losing a pound per week. It could be slower than that, or it could be faster and you might have a gain initially (amny people do when upping their calories initially).

This way of eating is not meant to be a quick fix, it's meant to be something you can manage for the rest of your life.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Ok, based on what I read and what I am "feeling"...you are doing more like 5-6 hours of strenuous exercise...

Scooby...did calc on actual weight of 137lbs...my low weight is 154lbs, but on any day I can be at 156lbs because of water...
    BMR 1414
    TDEE 2439
    CUT VALUE 2073

I would suggest that you eat that amount everyday and it should cover your burns, but if you burn more than 659 then start eating back the excess.

Again eat the 2073 every single day...
  • secretgirl4611
    Also, read the sticky about what to expect when upping your calories.

I would not plan on losing a pound per week. It could be slower than that, or it could be faster and you might have a gain initially (amny people do when upping their calories initially).

This way of eating is not meant to be a quick fix, it's meant to be something you can manage for the rest of your life.

DEF. NOT looking for the so called QUICK FIX.. if you thought that, then u misunderstood the help I was seeking being new to this way of eating and yes, I am all for eating more.. doing it right.. lettin it take time and also just working out daily and feeling good bout myself even if it seems to come off ONE POUND PER MONTH.. IM STILL DOIN IT :)