Something trainer wants me to try...thoughts?

Options
DoubleE615312
DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
Trainer wants me to start cycling calories 2 days at 1558 and 2 days 1841. Switch back and forth. I hope I can do this. Today I am starting with 1841. I am pretty sure I can handle the 1800, but I don't know about dropping back down to 1500. She also wants me to drop my carb intake below 100g a day. She wants me to try this for 2 weeks to see if that jumps my metabolism. We shall see.

Right now I eat between 1900-2100, my TDEE according to fat2fit is about 2300. BMR is 1725. For those that haven't seen my post I have not lost anything in 8 weeks now and this week actually gained 3 lbs due to TOM.

Just wanted to see what some of your thoughts are and if anyone has tried this to get their metabolism going again?

Replies

• sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but hopefully one of the other ladies will.

I hope it works for you!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Trainer wants me to start cycling calories 2 days at 1558 and 2 days 1841. Switch back and forth. I hope I can do this. Today I am starting with 1841. I am pretty sure I can handle the 1800, but I don't know about dropping back down to 1500. She also wants me to drop my carb intake below 100g a day. She wants me to try this for 2 weeks to see if that jumps my metabolism. We shall see.

Right now I eat between 1900-2100, my TDEE according to fat2fit is about 2300. BMR is 1725. For those that haven't seen my post I have not lost anything in 8 weeks now and this week actually gained 3 lbs due to TOM.

Just wanted to see what some of your thoughts are and if anyone has tried this to get their metabolism going again?

Hey lady,

Honestly, I know that some believe in carb cycling, zig zagging, but I don't care for anything that has me eating less than BMR.

Give me some background again Sedosher, I thought I recalled a loss at some point...but fill me in on details...training, eating, ratios, and measurements...clothes size too.

Lucia

PS, when you post here, please inbox me that you have...I am slammed at work...trying to keep up...never ending battle...
  • DoubleE615312
    Options

Hey lady,

Honestly, I know that some believe in carb cycling, zig zagging, but I don't care for anything that has me eating less than BMR.

Give me some background again Sedosher, I thought I recalled a loss at some point...but fill me in on details...training, eating, ratios, and measurements...clothes size too.

Lucia

PS, when you post here, please inbox me that you have...I am slammed at work...trying to keep up...never ending battle...
    Thanks Lucia,

Strength training 2x/week for 30 minutes. She does 6 different exercise (w/different size weights) 3x times each. She tries to incorporate all major muscle groups. Next week she is upping my weights. Right now do exercises with 15-45 lbs (nothing less than 15 lbs). I try to do cardio 4x/week (running, elliptical, HITT). I wear a bodymedia fit armband and according it average burn/day about 2300. High days (usually weekends are around 2800-2900). BMR is 1725 based on fat2fit with BF%. Have lost inches, but no weight on scale. Lost 3.4% BF within about 5-6 weeks. My goal is to get to 160 with about 15-18% BF. Once I get to this we are going to focus on filling in some loose skin. Mostly bat wings (upper arms), belly and inner thighs.

Current stats as of yesterday 5'5" and 177 lbs. Measure with calipers 20.6% BF (I know could be a little off, but she measured each spot 3 times).

Try to eat well and clean, but sometimes it's hard with the family.

Shana
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Hey lady,

Lucia

Thanks Lucia,

Strength training 2x/week for 30 minutes. She does 6 different exercise (w/different size weights) 3x times each. She tries to incorporate all major muscle groups. Next week she is upping my weights. Right now do exercises with 15-45 lbs (nothing less than 15 lbs). I try to do cardio 4x/week (running, elliptical, HITT). I wear a bodymedia fit armband and according it average burn/day about 2300. High days (usually weekends are around 2800-2900). BMR is 1725 based on fat2fit with BF%. Have lost inches, but no weight on scale. Lost 3.4% BF within about 5-6 weeks. My goal is to get to 160 with about 15-18% BF. Once I get to this we are going to focus on filling in some loose skin. Mostly bat wings (upper arms), belly and inner thighs.

Current stats as of yesterday 5'5" and 177 lbs. Measure with calipers 20.6% BF (I know could be a little off, but she measured each spot 3 times).

Try to eat well and clean, but sometimes it's hard with the family.

Shana

I am studying currently to become a CPT, but I have been working out with passion my whole life and done tons of research to boot...

I will tell you based on my personal experience...I would not eat less than BMR ever...I am just not going to do it, nor would I advise anyone else to do it. See, we may want quick results and can get quick results by dropping the cals and so on, but I am about fueling my body and doing what's best for my body to function. I want to live a long healthy life...and I have abused it enough out of ignorance...

So said all that to say, if I were you, I would not zig zag my food intake below my BMR, I would change that workout format....Heavy lifting is what will fill in that skin, I would request to increase lift sessions to hour and do some HIIT training on my own for maybe 30 min pops no more than two times a week on non-lift days. AND i would NOT eat any less than TDEE minus my cut of 15%.

Now, I am not certified yet, and I know that when I become certified I am not going to have the quick results like some do because they drop cals low and work you hard, but my goal is to be a LIFE transformer for the long haul, not the quick tomorrow...
  • DoubleE615312
    Options
    Thanks Lucia,

I think when she plugged in my numbers it gave her the 1558 which is close to my BMR if you don't factor in the BF% and just went off my height and weight. I told her my BMR was 1725 based on my calculations/formulas with BF%. She said "just try this for 2 weeks". She knows I have a problem with sweets and I think this is her way of telling me to cut that out....lol She also makes me have a physical goal set, which right now is to run a 5K in August. I tell you though she is my second trainer and by far I have had the best results with her.

So I am going to give it a go and see what happens. Thanks for the advice and input. Definitely something to think about.