What is the hardest lift for you?

Options
Raiderxx
Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
Simply answer the question! :D

For me it's the barbell rows, the form you have to have is really odd.

Replies

• mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    By far it is the overhead press. I am fighting some tendinitis in my right shoulder, and I can only lift just the bare bar above my head on maybe 50% of my "B" days. I just need to take it slow and not do the lift if it hurts that day.
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Most tiring-Squats, but hardest for me is probably Overhead presses.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1. Overhead Press
    2. Bench Press

Both involve my shoulder...

I have a torn Labrum in my left shoulder and the overhead press is the most difficult because my left shoulder is much weaker than my right. I also feel it in the bench press. Not a big problem yet as I have not gotten into any of the heavier weights yet. I am only in my 2nd week.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    1. Overhead press by far.
    2. Deadlift because of a previous pulled muscle in my lower back. I have to be constantly aware of my form so that I don't tweak that thing again.
  • immz35
    immz35 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    over head press are a killer for me....
  • petchib
    petchib Posts: 15
    Options
    Im in my 5th week and I'm starting to feel it more on overhead presses than any other exercise. I'm pretty sure I will deload on that first, which I dont mind as thats what Mehdi said would happen if your form is correct on all exercises.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    ****ing squats. You have to do them every damn time...
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Overhead press. Learning to love my fails one fail at a time!
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Overhead press... although my first failure was Wednesday on the Bench press.

Only 110lbs too... Im such a weakling.

Ill be back at it on Monday and I think Im going to kill it, my chest muscles have been screaming for 2 days which means Im only getting stronger.

Going into day 14
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    OP, without a doubt. Even with decent form, it's just bloody hard, especially if you are trying not to cheat by doing a little push press to get the weight up (I suspect impressive OP stats are the result of that).

Just failed at 90lbs for the first time. Will need to psyche myself up to succeed next time out.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    OHP is the hardest to progress in, but the squat is the most difficult for me because of the subtleties of technique and form. I'm trying to remember all the cues on my descent, the weight feels so heavy...I'm always just a little scared. I find BOR to be the easiest.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    OHP without a doubt and then BP for me, I am very week in my chest and shoulders...... getting stronger every time though :) Just started week 2 but I bumped up 20 lbs on every exercise to start 45lbs was way too easy. just did my workout for today and 70lbs on the overhead press gave me a challenge but i did get the 5x5 done :drinker: .
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hardest to really push through and complete the sets? OHP

Hardest, as in not where it should be weight wise compared to the other lifts? Deads. I suck at deads.
  • phillycheesteak
    phillycheesteak Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've failed OHP so many times...

Think about going up when you're going down!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have fractional weights now that I'm looking forward to using on my next OHP workout. I can go up as little as 1/2 lb. if I want. I used them to add 2 lbs. on BP last night. I guess adding under five to the bar isn't terribly macho, but if it gets you unstuck...any of you guys considering these?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Overhead press by far!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've only started recently and like so many here I find the overhead press to be the most difficult. Used to also struggle with the bench press with controlling the bar but after gaining a bit of strength and improving my control it's become a lot less of a struggle allowing me to focus on the lift. Hoping the same happens with the overhead press!

On a side note <3 deadlifts!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It looks (or feels, rather) like I've finally gotten to the point where my weight progression on the program has caught up with my ability. OHP is probably the toughest: that musle group that works has always been weak for me and I have a bit of tennis elbow that causes a bit of pain as well.
  • Golfin4fun
    Golfin4fun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok it lookslike the OHP got me today. I stalled at 80#
    I got 2 sets of 5
    1 set of 4
    2 sets of 2.
    Question, I only take about 2 minutes between sets, is that enough or should I increase that?
    Also what helped you guys and ladies to get past your first stall, I do NOT want to deload?

I did get my squats in at 120#
    and my deadlift at 170#
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Stalled for first time, on OHP, at 90 lbs. First set got all 5, stalled at 3 reps next 3 sets, got mad, rested 3 full minutes (2 on the stalled sets) and got 5 reps on last set. We are also the same age. Try 3 minutes and really concentrate on hip drive and see how she goes. I deloaded to 80 because I knew I wouldn't get five at 90 next time out (had been off for injury 10 days).