Days are winding down...

Options
So.....I have decided to teach summer school......since my boyfriend and I are in the process of buying a house, the extra cash will be nice. Anybody else teaching summer school?

Replies

• Summerlove1993
    Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have many times in the past. In fact, two summers ago, I taught summer school during the day and took graduate classes at night, all while trying to juggle my family. It was awful. Last summer I did nothing except swim in my pool, go to the beach, and vacation in Disney World. This summer will be the same, but instead of Disney, we are going on a mission trip to Appalachia. I am sure that I will have to teach summer school again, but this summer, I'm off.

It is a great way to save money. Good luck to you!
  • heriwen
    heriwen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    awesome! My school doesn't offer summer school unfortunately or else I'd totally be on that. I could definitely use the extra cash.
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Once I did a few weeks of a summer school for ESL kids that I loved. I also "taught" attendance summer school once and it wasn't nearly as fun. There's no budget for either in our county anymore :(

It's a great way to earn extra $!
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My husband won't let me. Says I need to unwind and do a little for myself. He's probably right. But I sure could think of ways to spend that extra summer session paycheck! Oh well!
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was asked yesterday to supervise summer school for 10 days starting Monday...I can handle four hours a day for 10 days..plus the extra $ will be good. Our summer school is computer based not "taught"...the students work online...sometimes I will have to answer some math questions but for the most part my job is just unlocking their quizzes and tests in the program. I think I will survive :happy:
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes I am...needing the extra cash since I won't be adjuncting at the college this summer or fall. Our last day of school is this Friday, June 8th. The first day of summer school is June 12, with training on the 11th. I think it is only six weeks Mon-Thur until noon so not too bad. I will be teaching third grade students who failed the FCAT so they can retake it and hopefully not be retained! Good luck to you!