Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Could not eating enough have caused insomnia/weird TOM

graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
I was wondering if me not eating enough all this time could have caused some health issues. TOM is all over the place. On month, day 37, then next month day 26...I'm so irregular. I've also been having awful insomnia for a couple of years. Blood tests show everything is normal. Could the undereating have caused this? I always thought it was the excessive exercise.

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I don't know about the TOM, but it can definitely cause insomnia. I suffered from insomnia for years. Even went on VERY STRONG prescription sleeping pills just to knock me out for a few hours. I started falling asleep within 5 minutes of going to bed only a few days into eating more, and I sleep through the night! Plus, many other health issues just stopped....(I also had perfect blood tests that couldn't explain my health/sleeping problems) I now suffer from nothing other than too much fat!. :tongue: not eating enough definitely wreaks havoc on a lot of your health.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    for me not eating enough caused major digestive issues, sleep problems, my cycle was a mess but crazy light. at one point i had a regular period, 5-7 days, then 3 days after it ended i started spotting and at the suggestion of a friend i took a pregnancy test, it was POSITIVE. even though i had had what i considered a "normal" period the week before!! i ended up with gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed. a VLCD over a LONG period of time can cause them to form.

my hair was a MESS!! it was awful. i looked tired and old all the time. oh and i was always cold!

i am in week one of eating WAY more. my cycle is still a mess. i still don't have a great sleep pattern, but i fall asleep much faster now than i did. i'm not as LIGHT of a sleeper i've noticed, which is very nice! i am wearing a body media fit 24/7 now and it monitors my sleep. i don't get nearly enough!