Protein shakes

jnh17
jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
I know this gets posted on the main forum but wanted to ask you ladies. I started using Isopure zero about 3 weeks ago and my iron stomach isn't so iron when it comes to this. I swear, I got so bloated/gassy (I know, I know, I'll stop trying to be all sexy on my posts), I went up a pant size. The shake has 50g of protein but basically 1 serving = what other protein shakes call 2 servings. So I tried doing 1 scoop (half serving) and still felt bad. So, back to the drawing board (and of course I bought a huge tub of that stuff). Other peoples' faves that taste decent?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    designer whey or GNC gold standard are my faves. Those dont give me gas/bloat like some other protein supplements and they taste good
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    I drink the Labrada Lean Body for Her in chocolate and vanilla. Each package is 30g of protein and they taste good.... make sure to serve VERY cold.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    I use BSN Syntha-6 in Milk Chocolate. It mixes really well and has 25 grams of protein with out milk. No tummy issues, and I don't have an iron stomach!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    I know this gets posted on the main forum but wanted to ask you ladies. I started using Isopure zero about 3 weeks ago and my iron stomach isn't so iron when it comes to this. I swear, I got so bloated/gassy (I know, I know, I'll stop trying to be all sexy on my posts), I went up a pant size. The shake has 50g of protein but basically 1 serving = what other protein shakes call 2 servings. So I tried doing 1 scoop (half serving) and still felt bad. So, back to the drawing board (and of course I bought a huge tub of that stuff). Other peoples' faves that taste decent?

Does it have sugar alcohols in it? The bars that I used for the weight loss program I was on contained them and caused bloating...and stuff. :-)

I've been using the EAS ready to drink carbvantage. The dark chocolate one is really, really good.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    I'm using inbalance whey protein isolate (made in new zealand).
    I picked this because I was promised that it did not have flavour or sweeteners since I despise those tastes. It is also a very "clean" product.

Very happy with it. I drink one scoop in a glass of milk or in my homemade green juice and it only makes it a little creamy but no taste. Did not notice anything with my digestion and I have a sensitive stomach to many things.
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    I'm using inbalance whey protein isolate (made in new zealand).
    I picked this because I was promised that it did not have flavour or sweeteners since I despise those tastes. It is also a very "clean" product.

Very happy with it. I drink one scoop in a glass of milk or in my homemade green juice and it only makes it a little creamy but no taste. Did not notice anything with my digestion and I have a sensitive stomach to many things.

So it really has no taste? So you could add it to things like oatmeal to increase the protein and it would effect the flavor? That might be what I'm looking for.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    I think the key is what you mix them with. I go cheap on my powder. Right now, I'm using the Target Market Pantry brand and like it. I always add in a fruit (banana, strawberries, or pear) and a fat to make it creamier (coconut oil of half an avocado), and a cup of spinach. I've been adding a Crystal light lemonade packet to the vanilla powder which is pretty good. The choclate powder tastes pretty good with a banana, a little peanut butter, and coconut oil. Oh-and sometimes I add in a tablespoon of dry pudding mix. That does a lot for the flavor. Good luck!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Now Sports, natural 100% whey isolate. No flavoring or sweeteners. I can still "taste" it in yogurt/cottage cheese so I use it in shakes but ovaltine or just fruti will flavor it fine for me.