Loss of drive

Options
I do Insanity every day with my two closest friends. We hit week three and us all being college students and 2/3 of us work ontop of that. Well once we hit week three and finals came around we all had to miss about half the days so we re-did the work outs for that week, and then week four came around and we can't even get the modivation to attempt it. We all see the results, and feel better but as hard as I am trying (not able to speak for the other two) I am not able to get myself ready for the work out, and when I am able to do it I can't do anything but half-*kitten* the whole work out, thus reducing the results I would have gotten. Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

Replies

• Meloneyd
    Meloneyd Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem with working out and eating in general. I'll sign up for classes and be super in to for about three weeks and then stop. I just joined myfitnesspal and belonging to this group really helps a lot. I feel that I have to be accountable. When I was working with a trainer, he taught me something that I use in my everyday life. It helps me at work and helps me around the house. He told me that I don't have to think about it or get myself ready to workout. If I tell myself I'll do it in 10 minutes, it will be an hour later. Don't give yourself permission to get ready. Just put on your clothes and do it! This has helped me get over my laziness in general.

Another thing that might be helpful is changing the time of day you do it. I'm not sure if you can do it alone, or what time you are doing it. I found the earlier I do it, the more time I have to move onto something I actually want to do. That means on the weekend I get up, eat, take an hour to digest and do the workout before I do anything else. On the weeknights, I have the DVD in the PlayStation ready to go. I put my clothes on as soon as I get in the house. I don't give myself permission to make dinner or unload the dishwasher until it's done.

Lastly, and this is over the top cheesy and something you might not want to do around your friends (and something my husband endlessly makes fun of me for). I left a motavating message for myself on my cell phone one night after I ran a bunch of miles on the treadmill and felt great. I listen to it when I'm not feeling like working out and try to remember how I will feel once I'm finished.

Also, did you take before pictures? Looking at them might motivate you to keep going.
  • jpfuerza
    jpfuerza Posts: 4
    Options
    Thomas

Keep at it! You're not alone!!

JP
  • TheGreatGoatGod
    TheGreatGoatGod Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That does seem like a good Idea, and the first round of it was near the end of school so with finals and all that coming up I couldn't help but just put it off. I just had to set priorities. and now that it's summer it might be a possibility to do it early in the morning but I did find that if I don't have somone there telling me to keep doing everything the hardest I can then i'm NOT going to do it the hardest I can, just becasuse I could lie and say I did, then when I don't get the results I could blame it on something else.

I do however like both Ideas you gave, and I plan to use them after work today. thank you for the advice, yet any more that can be offerd is always welcome.