Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Several big ah ha moments......

jackiecroberts
jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
Okay, first I have lost 18 pounds the starvation way. Yes I look much better but last Saturday I had a serious meltdown because I was so hungry. So...here I am. I have upped my calories to 2265 based on my tdee and I am fine with that and I am also okay with the scale going up a little as long as I stay the same size that I am currently. My first ah ha moment was when I was doing my leg workout (only, no cardio today) when I remembered what my trainer said, Kiki said on her YouTube post, that too much cardio. Is NOT good. My trainer said we need to change your shape and too much cardio deletes the purpose!! My other ah ha moment was when I remember back in the day doing "Body for Life" and again there is very little cardio AND you eat A LOT!!!! DAHHHHH. I feel like I have been blind and now can see!! I don't care how long it takes to get the body I want, because I know I am looking better and better each day. Thank you all for your support .

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    That's awesome!!

I too have had several aha moments in the last 2 weeks. Isn't it great! I don't know how I even managed to do spin class 4x per week netting 1200 calories. I also used to be so hungry that all I thought about all day was food and I ended up making poor choices that just made me more hungry.

I feel like I won the lottery finding this group :)
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Me too!! Food, I get to actually eat. I will always work out, it is in my DNA, but I want fuel for my body. Glad you woke up as well. Do you feel better now in your workouts?
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Great ah ha moments ladies!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Me too!! Food, I get to actually eat. I will always work out, it is in my DNA, but I want fuel for my body. Glad you woke up as well. Do you feel better now in your workouts?

I feel better all around! I am sleeping better, I am happier, I have way more energy in general and my workouts have been going great. Plus I feel like I am eating all the time and it's good food too like greek yogurt that I woudn't really touch before because it was higher in calories.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    That's awesome!!

I too have had several aha moments in the last 2 weeks. Isn't it great! I don't know how I even managed to do spin class 4x per week netting 1200 calories. I also used to be so hungry that all I thought about all day was food and I ended up making poor choices that just made me more hungry.

I feel like I won the lottery finding this group :)

Girl, sometimes I was netting less than HALF that!!! What was I thinking??

I feel SO much stronger in my workouts~ just today I did a move on a JM DVD that I was half-azzin' and I nailed it and with GREAT form!! The little AH HA moments pop up on a daily basis!!

Oh yeah, we won the lottery!!!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    I agree with you 100%. I am finally at the point were no matter how long it takes I WILL be healthy!

When I was in Basic and Advance training, for the Army (National Guard ), the fed us and fed us. Some girls would just eat salads and they got really sick. They told us that we needed to eat what they gave us, so we could fuel our bodies! I was so fit and healthy when I got out, granted I was 22 then, but the same principal applies. FOOD IS FUEL!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Isn't that first ah ha moment incredible?? I had mine a few weeks ago, after finding this group. Once I found and started eating my TDEE -15%, the scale started moving. AND I feel so much better. I love to eat. But I do no eat back my calories unless I'm under my BMR. .
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Don't you just love those ah ha moments!!!!!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Isn't it great not having to stress about 'losing weight' anymore, now I am so much more relaxed it's my life now and I'll get there when I get there : )
  • ashley67203
    ashley67203 Posts: 95
    Isn't it great not having to stress about 'losing weight' anymore, now I am so much more relaxed it's my life now and I'll get there when I get there : )

Yes! This is exactly it. Before I felt like it was some kind of speed test to lose the weight. I actually caught myself thinking of foods as evil flash cards but with calorie totals instead of math problems. Now I kind of feel like I'm doing the same thing, except in reverse because I need those calories!