Cardio

Options
konswela
konswela Posts: 137 Member
How much Cardio is too much?? I love cardio and I "like" strength training. Just wondering my TDEE-15% is 2150. I avg anywhere btwn 1950-2050 or a little more every day. (except yesterday) I just got tired of eating and was feeling yucky. This week I decided to do cardio 4/5 days a week approx 45-60 mins and next week I will switch up and do strength training. No rhyme or reason. Just something different.

So again how much is too much cardio?

Replies

• katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your goals and body, intensity, amount of cals, time, etc.... I don't think there is a magical number, but if you don't want to bump up your cal intake again, then I would limit adding more. I don't know if this advice is correct, it's just 2 cents :wink:
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    For me, the question of how much cardio leads me to ask "how much do you want to eat?" I used to take spin class 3-4 times a week, burning up to 600 calories a session. When I started EM2WL, it was hard for me to net my BMR with my calorie burns so high. So, I cut back on cardio and started lifting. Now, It's gotten so bad, that when I see high calorie burns on my MFP home page I think "man, they got a lot of eating to do." :laugh:

Hope that helps.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Also what are your goals for your physique, if you want a more toned look, you have to lift heavy and do a little less cardio...so right there helps in the not having to eat so much dept:-)