Scale Gain. . . . . . Pants Fit! . . . . Shocked!!

Options
loulouBean
loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
Hi everyone! :flowerforyou: I have been EMTWL for about 3 weeks now. Well, my first 5k is tomorrow and I bought a pair of workout pants that were a size 12/14. (I bought these before I decided to commit to EMTWL) All my other stuff is a 16 and they are loose. I was pretty sure I could fit into a 14 but knew there wasn't anyway I would fit into a size smaller. Well, I tried them on yesterday knowing they would be way too tight and that I would need to return them and find a bigger size, and guess what!?!!!! They were almost too big! :noway: I couldn't believe it! The scale has shown a gain :sad: and I really thought there wasn't anyway they would fit. I was so excited!! :happy: I know this way of eating works and I feel so much better eating more!! It's not just a diet but a way of life. I just wanted to share this to encourage all of you out there who are worried when you step on the scale and see the number go up. Just keep doing what your're doing. :wink:

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your success with us!!!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!

And kick some butt in your 5k.
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Exactly what is happening to me! Scale is up but pants were saggy today and the other day I put on a 12!... a 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still wearing 16's thinking they fit, that's my size. The one's I wore today were a 14 and were saggy, I kept pulling them up. But the scale went up! :noway:

I love this way of eating, I :heart: food! And I feel great!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Love hearing these stories!!
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good to hear because my pants are all too tight and I gained 5 lbs last week. I upped my calories to maintenance so I wasexpecting it ?
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Fantastic! This is so the way to go : )
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your success with us!!!

WooooHooooo!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love hearing this! I am just starting a reset this week and hope to someday be in your shoes (or your pants) :laugh:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!!! congrats!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm up 2lbs, but I've lost inches!

Keep on rock'n it girl!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear !

I'm in my third week and no gain, no loss...I don't feel my pants are loose....So I'll be waiting. Maybe I need some more time :)

Hope to have great news like you in someday !
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :flowerforyou: The 5k went great!! I finished in 36 (something, not sure on the exact time yet). My goal was to run it in under 40 min. so I was pretty stoked to see that time! And . . . . . I felt kind of skinny in my new running outfit! teehee :tongue:
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!!!! It does work, yeah!!!! Good for you, that had to feel wonderful.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Love it :)
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic. I upped mine about 5 weeks ago and started lifting three days per week. I have finished two weeks of the Cathe Friedrich STS program and am loving my muscles. This is a fabulous way of life! Keep it up.