Venture a Guess?

Options
zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
Why do you think the writer of NROLFW has anyone over 35 with A BMI greater than 27 use 1.2 (sedentary level ) for non lift days and only a 1.4 (light workout) for lift days?

I thought BMI wouldn't be a factor.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    because your metabolism naturally slows down once you get into your 30's.. also if your obese then you should lose weight so they are probably building a deficit into the calorie goals
  • zukkiz
    Options
    Okay I see.

I'm ok with what I am eating, just curious.

Funny though I grew up with a super high metabolism, and it's pretty decent now. I am only 20 pounds away from a regular BMI.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    another thing i've thought of is since the assumption in the book is that it's for women who are new to weight lifting, the further assumption is that if that woman is obese then she's probably not used to any exercise at all. if that's the case, then her metabolism is going to be a lot slower to start with since it's going to be primarily fat than lean body body mass.
  • zukkiz
    Options
    Wouldn't that hold true for the younger women?

I have lifted, and finished a round of P90X before I got preggo with #6. He is now 11 months and He still nurses.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    Wouldn't that hold true for the younger women?

I have lifted, and finished a round of P90X before I got preggo with #6. He is now 11 months and He still nurses.
    yeah that would also be true of the younguns too but i guess it's even worse for women 35 and older. i dunno i try not to think about it since i'm 40 :laugh: ive been hearing too many people complain about how hard it is to lose weight when you're 40 and over. i try not to think about it because i still have quite a bit to lose and i'd rather just get it done, regardless of how long it's going to take but i definitely dont want to be reminded of how hard it's going to be..know what i mean?