Can my period be 100% responsible?

Options
ThaRealNicki
ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
I gained 3lbs the night before my weigh in day!! (monday) Im suppose to be at 17lbs lost but honestly a 3lbs gain over-night seems a little drastic! Do you think it all was water retention? Because for the following 3 days I was still there with the 3 extra pounds! My man told me not to look at my weigh in today because I was getting really depressed :( Ive been working out hard this week and last week and met a few personal fitness goals so I dont understand a 3lb gain! And no I dont think its muscle.

I dont want to sound like Im not a real woman and I dont know my body but truth is my entire "period" life Ive averagly had between 3-6 a year because of how overweight i am/was and the whole bloated feeling....I just dont get that. Im not sure I know what it feels like to feel bloated so Im not idiotic im just much heavier and Im just learning how my periods work, theyve been coming regularly for about 3 months now ....thats a good thing

wow I rambled a lot

Edit: I started my period the night before my weigh in

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yes that has happened to me!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    For my last one, I gained 4 lbs. Kept it on most of the time that I was on my period, then it just went away. I usually never bloat, but this time, it was bad.
  • ThaRealNicki
    Options
    :drinker: thanks ladies for your non judgemental replies i really appreciate it and it *gave* me piece of mind
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, gaining 3-5lbs around your period is completely normal. I also know how confusing it is when your periods aren't regular.
  • ThaRealNicki
    Options
    THANKS They are now though, maybe a week off but other than that, every month on the month since early this year
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I normally only gain a pound or two, last period I gained 5 & it threw me for a loop! Very unhappy to say the least! Thank goodness it dropped off quickly.

I would suggest not weighing in at all if you are on your period on weigh-in day & just be mindful of what you eat & the cravings you may have as you don't want to gain actual weight instead of just water weight.

:flowerforyou: