NEW Runner! (Introduction)

Options
Hi Guys my name is Apriil Im a 23yr old mother of two (4) and (8wks) my Trainer told me about this app on my Iphone I started Thursday and it was a sucess I have about 40 pounds to lose and i'm so glad I've fiund this group! Feel free to add me as a friend...LETS MOTIVATE EACH OTHER!!! Anyone else just starting out???

Replies

• spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys my name is Apriil Im a 23yr old mother of two (4) and (8wks) my Trainer told me about this app on my Iphone I started Thursday and it was a sucess I have about 40 pounds to lose and i'm so glad I've fiund this group! Feel free to add me as a friend...LETS MOTIVATE EACH OTHER!!! Anyone else just starting out???

I just started a few days ago. Today will be my day 3 of week 1 :)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    This was my first official week of the C25K. Sunday will the last day of the first week and then Tuesday I move on to Week 2. Feel free to add me!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, so excited!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, so excited!
  • Sanduh36
    Sanduh36 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just finished the first week of C25K... loving it so far! What a cool app... even managed to run outside one night! I think I ate some bugs along the way. Should I log them as a snack? LOL....

As I told my co-worker, its good to sweat... that way no one sees you cry... :)
  • Pinelmj
    Pinelmj Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello, my name is Marie-Josée. I just started again I the C25k today. I did some last fall but stop in the winter because of the snow. How do you enter your run in MFP? I can't find it in the entries.
  • Palisca
    Palisca Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am starting today! Wish me luck!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You will love it! So motivating and I love the constant challenge. I'm on my 3rd week!
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump :-)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I finished W2D3 on Wednesday. Yesterday I was feeling restless and I missed my usual kickboxing class, so I did a "preview" of W3D1 (I didn't log it officially but I did the run). Running for 3 minutes was not terribly easy for me but I got through it :) Man I can't believe I'm going to have to run for TWENTY in two weeks....
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi all - just restarted today. Planning my first 5k on Labor Day! I posted this in the main forum, but am actually training 90% of the time on an elliptical (to save my knees). Anxious to find out if anyone else has done this and has any advice.

Sus
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Started week 2 yesterday! You can follow my journey under the topic " Virginie's progress ..." in this group. I've never been able to run and now I push myself and see that it's doable, I really like the program and enjoy running in the summer weather!
  • beccajune
    beccajune Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Today is day 1! I haven't done my first C25K run yet, but I'm excited! I've tried it before and it worked really well, but I let myself stop and get back to being unhealthy. So, here we go again! Cheers to staying motivated and getting fit!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Good luck all! I'm a C25K graduate and it is SO worth doing!
  • ttwsweet
    ttwsweet Posts: 41
    Options
    Does it count if I'm starting over?! :)
  • eh38
    eh38 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi - I am new on this board and pretty excited! Tomorrow is day3 of week 4 and I am nervous/curious about week 5. I've got two little kids (3 yrs and 20months) and I am doing this so my kids grow up with running as a part of thier lifestyle. My goal is a 5k by September in 30 minutes! But....maybe not....
  • 79kimmy
    79kimmy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have not yet started the program but am planning to next week. I have been on MFP since February and have lost 30 IBS so far. I have been reading about many people on here who have done this and would like to add some friends who will support and motivate me!!
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 day two and thinking about day 3, lol! This is about my 3rd week using fitness pal and I love it. Using fitness pal and C25k is working great!!! If anyone wants to add me, please do! I started at about 325lbs at the end of March and I'm down to 301 as of today. I lost 7lbs just this past week alone! I have about 80lbs to go!!!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am also a C25K and it's an amazing program, stick with it and take those rest days in between your runs and you'll succeed!! :)
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started yesterdy.....i nearly died :laugh: