30's Weekend - 05/12-13

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hurrah for the weekend! I've had a seriously long week as it sounds like everyone else has as well. Looks to be a busy weekend too. The blah weather has hit again and they are predicting some rain today so I'm hoping my tennis lesson doesn't get rained out. Either way I'm still planning to hit the gym later. As much as I would like to go for a run I think I need to do something more low impact like the elliptical after how my ankle was hurting the other day. It feels fine today, but I think I will give it another days rest just to be safe. At any rate I've got a saturday full of exercise and errands planned and tomorrow of course is mother's day which will keep me busy as well.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Take it easy on that ankle ellie. I get a lot of burn on an elliptical and the impact is low. Sounds like a great idea for recovery.

After yesterday's hours of hockey I have hit my goal of dropping 5 pounds by Monday morning. I did not expect it to go so fast. I am going to try for another 4-5 pounds by Thursday to put me at 220 for my beach vacation. That should give me a little definition for the beach. I started at 253 pounds a couple months ago and am very happy with my results. Going from looking 9 months prego to starting to show some abs is more then I expected.

yesterday I burned 2,777 calories and consumed 1,710
    Exercise yesterday a total of 240 minutes
    Morning weight yesterday 227.8, 226 by EOD and 224.4 this morning

My exercise goals today are going to be way lower then yesterday. 60 minutes of cardio and possibly 60 lifting if my neighbor is in.

Have a great weekend everyone,
    Dan
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I joined the Eat More To Weigh Less group and read so much of the info there and many resources mentioned, and I've decided to give it a try. Three weeks ago I had started the south beach diet and lost five pounds the first week. The second week was tough because I didn't eat as much as I should have and I was very cranky. Then I made sure to eat all the food and started to slowly add back in the carbs but never felt right. I decided that I would have no more than three good starches and one fruit every day and have felt so much better. Now that I want to try the EMTWL idea I'm going to try to get in the 40% carbs but keep them at healthy carbs as much as possible. The idea of SBD for healthy carbs/less sugar can still be easily incorporated into eating more. So far I have not had cravings for sweet stuff past the first three days of SBD and have only had sweets in the form of fruit, stevia, 2tbsp honey, and one yoplait light when the lack of carbs got to me. For someone with a huge sweet tooth this is a major accomplishment. I even had a fresh baked cookie stare me down for an hour the other night but I didn't eat it. I realized that I didn't crave the cookie and only wanted it because it was there.

Anyway... I hope all of you are having a great weekend!

~Amanda
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great job Amanda! I joined EMTWL too and am eating higher this week, we'll see where it goes.

Dan - good progress!

Ellie - another idea is the recumbent bike.

I went for a run this morning and it was great, I was about to go 2.5 miles with NO stops, which is a big accomplishment for me. I think I prefer street running to trail running, which seems counter intuitive, but such is life!
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    We managed to get out on a bike ride - hubby fixed his puncture this morning, and did various other bits of maintenance to everyone's bikes. So after lunch we went through the woods by our house and around the village at the other side, about an hour in total. It would probably have been quicker if DS2 had decided to ride his bike rather than push it most of the way. I nearly fell off on one of the really muddy parts, but managed to dismount and catch my bike before we both landed on the ground. Getting my confidence back, I was about 12 last time I rode a bike!

It probably isn't the done thing to consume exercise calories in the form of a large glass of wine, but it is the weekend! I still have a reasonable deficit...

Might paint the hallway tomorrow - I'll see how I feel...
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Spending the evening baking chocolate chip cookies with my wife and boys. We have to bake 50 dozen for our church and I need to make sure I don't make it so we have to bake 51 ;).
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Glad to have some more EMTWL peeps on here! I did strength training this am then played a little tennis tonight....but I had a huge lunch at a great cookout and then ice cream tonight with the fam after tennis. But I'm only over by a little. I actually gained a pound this week (TOM) but my body fat went down a half of a %! So I'm retaining fluid and losing fat and gaining muscle....I can deal with that. :)
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Oh what a week...

I have been off track all week. Looking forward to a new week and a fresh start.

Yesterday we went bought the supplies to build some outdoor furniture for our backyard! I am pretty excited about the idea of having some lovely outdoor seating. :-)

Looks like we are going hiking today. Maybe up in wine country! Wine and hiking, now that is my idea of fun. :-)

Later guys,
    Sara Grace
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    I've had a really LAZY day - although I have stuck to my calorie allowance (even a little under, but above my BMR!) Hubby finally built the flat-pack bookcases that have been sat in the hallway for nine months, and I have filled them up with books! Just trying to persuade him to get rid of a few, as we still have more books than we have space for!

If the weather is good tomorrow, I'm going out for a bike ride on my own! If it's raining, I will stay in a do the ironing and play on the Wii. The scales may have been stubborn lately, but I'm feeling pretty good!

Just need to get over the Monday morning feeling tomorrow and I'll be fine!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well I didn't end up getting in my extra gym workout yesterday. The tennis lesson ended up being really taxing as he had us working on running for the ball and then shuffling back to the start point. I really need to wear my HRM to next weeks lesson and see how much I'm actually burning! Went out for slow jog this morning and my ankle didn't bother me so hopefully whatever that was has passed. Can't be injuring myself 2 weeks before I'm supposed to do a 10K!

Yesterday was a terrible food day, I basically just ate every bad thing I could find. Back on track today, though. Time to just move on and start a new week!