Weight is up!

Options
Welp. I am now at my starting weight on here in September. Will be taking measurements in a little bit but dont 'see" or feel a change yet clothing still fits like before. The last 2 days I have been a bit "off" in the head (as in depressed) so I know I ate more junk then logged but not 7000 cals more. This is the last day of TOM so hopefully its water if not LBM then. This is week 4.5 of eating a lot more so when is it going to FLY off like so many others. I do have complete faith in this process just not very patient when summer is around the corner. I did read the stickies and I do realize these emotions are part of the process. I havent had a SURGE of energy (still in need of a nap most days). My TDEE #'s are on my profile page. Maybe I'm eating too much (1685, 15% cut)? I usually net a few hundred over my BMR. Oh and the less carb thign is NOT for me. I used to only eat carbs so to get over 100 in protein is a huge thing so I'm eating about 50% less in carbs than months ago ( I am usually balanced on carbs/protein/fat) . I love food so never a problem to do so. Like so many of us i just dont want to go back to old ways. Now I will always workout even when eating like this so thats not a problem either as it just makes me feel better so that is a complete change from a year ago. Before if I didnt eat good i said to hell with working out too and would go weeks without cardio or lifting. So I PRAY something changes soon or I just may say to hell with it again. I am also trying to help friends in this process and am fine telling them what to do...lol.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking your measurements? Thats my first pieces of advice is to ditch the scale.

Take a look at my progress thread right below this one. Its only a 4lbs difference, and everyone thinks it looks like a 20". All of my loss number are in my size, not really the weight for now.

Also you need to give it at least 6 weeks :)

ill take a look at your TDEE numbers when I get back from the race track tonight and see if I can spot anything, but the first rule of thumb is that if your are not losing after 6 weeks, bump your UP calories by 100.

Also consistency is huge here :) Anyways we are here to help! I have almost been falling off the wagon a few times, buy Lucia, Kiki and the whole group saved me....and I am seeing progress in the way I look.

Ditch the scale! :)

Remember only YOU see the scale, EVERYONE else sees the inches :)

Hey Lucia - I swear we need to sticky the "Ditch the scale" message. We need everyone to be measuring themselves :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I hear you:) I was you about 8 weeks ago. I was crying daily because the scale was going up, or staying the same, nothing was happening with my inches either and I was eating 1000 calories MORE a day than I had ever done. So I was scared s#itess that I was doing this wrong and the urge to go back down to 1400 cals was killing me. But I knew I had to stick with it. I knew this was a better way, it MADE SENSE when I started reading up more on calorie intake and activity levels and stopped paying attention to what the diet industry wanted me to believe.

You DO NOT need to starve yourself to lose weight.

What are your numbers? Is your diary open so we can see? Maybe there is something in there that can help..

Have faith. It took 6 weeks for me to finally see a drop in the scale, and another week or so to finally see the inches drop. It DOES work. But the mind games are a huge obstacle. Keep at it. The biggest one is realizing that your body doesnt care that its summer and you want to fit nicely in a bikini.. It wasnt to feel good and healthy and happy.. so the best advice I can give you is let go of the impatience.. think longer term. Think of how you are helping yourself even years from now be able to maintain your goal weight and not have to starve to keep it..think of how wonderful you will feel and look at your goal, knowing that you did it EATING and not starving..

Also TOM can still affect your retention days after she leaves, so likely you will start to see the weight drop over the next few days. Usualy for me she leaves and it takes about 3 days after to fully get rid of the water..Also because you are carrying extra water, your inches may not show for another few days either..

Chin up.. It does work.. it will work, just be patient:)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My goodness I couldn't have said it any better.

Mike We sure will write that one...trust me had we done so from the beginning without all the testimonials that took time to come in, many would probably not have given it a go..lol
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    My goodness I couldn't have said it any better.

Mike We sure will write that one...trust me had we done so from the beginning without all the testimonials that took time to come in, many would probably not have given it a go..lol

Oh and I know. I basically posted a vent as I knew everyone here would understand what I'm talking about and feeling. I know this has been beaten to death but it was my way of talking it out and venting to friends that understand this approach. Hubbie just doesnt understand so I can only turn here. Hope you understand. I also know the scale is evil but its a way of measuring along with tape and calipers that I can see progress in LBM and fat loss otherwise I would throw it out. Just venting.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LOL hun you vent anytime at all. Girl when I started this, there was no group and because I had started preaching about it I really couldn't vent. It was a struggle with only really Kiki to bounce stuff o offf. Many times the little demon that works on behalf of the scale...lol...tried to get me to quit. BUT I just knew deep down to keep going, that is why I try to keep encouraging because I have come down the same road as you. I am just a little further up the street....we are all traveling this road together, so when you feel weak you come right here because we understand exactly wat you are going through:flowerforyou:
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    LOL hun you vent anytime at all. Girl when I started this, there was no group and because I had started preaching about it I really couldn't vent. It was a struggle with only really Kiki to bounce stuff o offf. Many times the little demon that works on behalf of the scale...lol...tried to get me to quit. BUT I just knew deep down to keep going, that is why I try to keep encouraging because I have come down the same road as you. I am just a little further up the street....we are all traveling this road together, so when you feel weak you come right here because we understand exactly wat you are going through:flowerforyou:

Thankyou. Yes this has been a "down" few days for me. Couldnt even get my workout in today as I was and still am "blah". BUT I know it will work and I will keep working away at it. I know I cant eat less as I was miserable basically off and on for the last 20 years and I cant not workout because I get very cranky (like today...lol) . Going to take today and possibly tomorrow off to get my mind straight again and get back to it on Monday.