Want to still log in my exercise calories burned...

Options
embclark
embclark Posts: 186 Member
New here!

So I figured out all of my numbers and my TDEE minus 15% is 2101.

I plan to try this out, but my problem is eating hat much on non exercise days, I don't feel like I should...

Also, if my numbers are set at 2100 and I enter my exercise, it is going to throw my numbers off! But my OCD won't let me not enter them.

How does everyone else enter everything?

Replies

• lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    try manually entering in just "1" as the calorie amount for your exercise. that way the numbers won't get shifted (well, not very much).
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    New here!

So I figured out all of my numbers and my TDEE minus 15% is 2101.

I plan to try this out, but my problem is eating hat much on non exercise days, I don't feel like I should...

Also, if my numbers are set at 2100 and I enter my exercise, it is going to throw my numbers off! But my OCD won't let me not enter them.

How does everyone else enter everything?

Well what would you want to do on your non workout days? Your TDEE-15% is an estimate and not exact so some days you will burn more then what you estimated your TDEE and others you wont burn as much. But unless you have a device which tells you how much you actually burn you should just go by your calculation. As far as entering your workout calories into mfp you really dont have to since your workout is already factored in. Now if you must enter it then go ahead and enter it, but just eat your TDEE-15% and not the exercise calories back.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    The idea behind eating the same amount every day is "consistency". Your body learns to level out because it can depend on the same amount of fuel every day plus it takes the guess work out. I log my workouts at the very end of the day after I am finished logging my food this way I still have a record of my work out but it doesn't mess with my calculations.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I log it in the exercise notes only unless I have to eat more to get to my bmr on high burn days. For me that's over 550 cal. Then I just have an exercise made up that says...to get to my bmr and input the difference.

I totally get your OCD with the numbers. I have scraps of paper around my iPad sometimes getting it sorted I my nerd brain.

Good luck
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I log it in the exercise notes only unless I have to eat more to get to my bmr on high burn days. For me that's over 550 cal. Then I just have an exercise made up that says...to get to my bmr and input the difference.

I totally get your OCD with the numbers. I have scraps of paper around my iPad sometimes getting it sorted I my nerd brain.

Good luck

How do you calculate if you need to eat more calories from exercise?
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I take my cut- burn and see the difference between my bmr

So yesterday was like this 1840(cut)-750(burn)=1090 so less than my bmr....
    1395(bmr)-1090=300.... So I added an extra 300 cals

This may not be perfect but it helps me get my head around it, and ilike to see the numbers too.

So the diff between my cut and bmr is 445 (1840-1395=445)so when i burn over that I need to eat more.

I'm sure if I have this totally wrong someone will say but it makes sense to me.

Can you tell I love maths!!!:heart:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I like to get the credit for my exercise so I always log it. I just remember the number I'm supposed to eat and watch the calories column on the homepage. Not the net calories. If I want to check on my macros. I just skip to the next day with no entries to check the #s
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I log all my exercise. On my homepage the only two numbers I look at are "Food" and "Net". I ignore the other two. I try to get my food number as close as I can to TDEE cut. If I look at the Net number and it's less than my BMR I eat more calories until I get back up to BMR.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I log all my exercise. On my homepage the only two numbers I look at are "Food" and "Net". I ignore the other two. I try to get my food number as close as I can to TDEE cut. If I look at the Net number and it's less than my BMR I eat more calories until I get back up to BMR.

That I what I do as well.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I do also.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I eat my TDEE -15%....I also log my calories for the same reason as you but I know the calories I should eat each day regardless of the exercise I add....Just make sure you eat the TDEE -15% - Put that amount in your notes as a reminder if you need to...I do that as well in case I forget what my numbers are. HTH :)
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I log all my cardio. I like to be able to go back and see what kind of exercises I do on my more successful weeks.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I do this too!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Yup, same here
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The idea behind eating the same amount every day is "consistency". Your body learns to level out because it can depend on the same amount of fuel every day plus it takes the guess work out. I log my workouts at the very end of the day after I am finished logging my food this way I still have a record of my work out but it doesn't mess with my calculations.

With NWOLFW, we have different calorie intakes for different days. Would a more consistent way be better?