Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to up calories when you're not hungry?

wookiemouse
wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
First off, I'm new to this group. I can't believe you people exist. I have never starved myself (intentionally!) to lose weight and have always preached to eat MORE! So happy to find others in the same mindset!

Now, the problem I consistently have is putting it into practice!!! I am one of those people who only eat when they're hungry. And very often - I'm just not hungry! I finished my clean-eating conversion (long process!) in March and I'm finding it VERY hard to find high calorie clean foods. The foods I do eat are very filling and I'm just not hungry to add more. On busy weeks (or months), I'm finding that I do eat less and my calorie consumption drops below BMR. I see that immediately reflected in my thoughts get fuzzier, I can't multitask, I can't lift as heavy, and my weight loss stagnates. Thankfully, I know what to do - increase calories - but it's not easy to do. I have to really work to stop what I'm doing, go seek out food, do all the calculations to make sure it's enough, etc. There has got to be an easier way! What's your secrets to eating enough calories when you're eating clean?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Eating 6 times a day. At first I hd to go for more cal dense foods instead of the volumous stuff...nut butters, avocado, nuts, cocnut oils, olive oil(yes would take tbs of either in morning or put in prot shake). No low at or diet anything. And I just forced myself.

You get used to it in time. Now I can eat so much even tdee isn't enough at time...lol