I have a question about alternating sets!

Options
I just finished the book and I'm planning to start next week. But I have a problem... the gym I work out in is pretty busy, and any place where you could use an exercise ball or do push-ups is far away from the weight room. Is it going to be a big deal if I do the exercises separately? I know the whole program is full of alternating sets, so if not doing them is going to wreck my progress I'd rather do a completely different program!

Replies

• mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My gym is set up just about the same as yours. I just walk back and forth. Kinda sucks when its busy because I will have to wait.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you're using a squat rack for your deads and squats, just do the push up and exercise ball there. if you have space to do a step up then you can do a quick set of pushups and jackknives. just make sue to tuck the ball somewhere it wont roll around you when you're not using it.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    You can do push-ups any where. Just drop to the floor and do them. I bring the swiss ball with me into the weight room and tuck it under one of the benches or in a corner.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Stage 1, you have to alternate these:

Pushups & Seated Row -- If you can do pushups on the floor, you can do them right near the cable row station. I can't do them on the floor, so I like to do them on the Smith machine, so I go back & forth. Early in the morning, I never have to wait for either piece. Saturday @ 9:00/9:30 am, I had to wait for the Smith (my gym has 2 of them).

Stepup & Prone Jackknife -- I suggest bringing a bench or aerobic step over to the mat area where the swiss ball is, and just alternate that way. In my morning workouts, I walk back & forth b/c I prefer the step on the FreeMotion cable step-up machine, but I just use it with dumbbells, which I leave there until I'm done with all my sets.

Shoulder Press & Lat Pulldown -- You could bring the dumbbells over to the Lat Pulldown cable machine.

Lunge & Swiss Ball Crunches -- These should be easy to do together.