Trying to get started!

Options
Hi Ladies/Gentelmen!!! My name is April Im 23yrs old from Texas Mother of two (4) and (9weeks)..ect..ect..ect lol...Well after doing some research as to why I can work my butt off in the gym and not see much weight loss ive decided that a lower carb LIFESTYLE would probaly be best for me..my question is do I still count calories which I dont mind and what should I restrict my carbs to in order to lose weight per day..From what I read online it should be around 100-150 grams per day and around 50 per meal...Any positive helpful feedback would be gratly appreciated THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Replies

• paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

I had the same struggle!

I do count my calories.... but i'm not as worried about it as much as my carbs. i'm trying to eat around 1500 a day and 30 carbs. Everyone is different....So, you may have to play with how many you can eat and Still lose weight. 30 carbs for me is a way to cut my cravings! And it has Really worked! After i lose most of this weight, then i will start slowly adding more carbs to see where a good maintainance level is at. i'm guessing it's going to be around 75-100 a day as long as i continue to exercise.

I hope this helps! and i hope others chime in... i'm interested to see what they have to say.